Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for new LGA-BOS route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Earn bonus TrueBlue points when you register, book and fly by 1/31/17:
  • Fly 1 roundtrip flight (or 2 one-way flights) and earn 1,000 bonus points
  • Fly a second roundtrip flight (or 2 more one-way flights) and earn an additional 2,000 bonus points
  • Fly a third roundtrip flight (or 4 more one-way flights) and earn an additional 3,000 bonus points

You must be a TrueBlue Member and register for this promotion at https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/tru...ostonlaguardia prior to booking eligible travel.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Looks like a great deal for commuters! I wish I could be on the inaugural, but I won't be around.

I do have a few trips to NY planned but not booked yet. Maybe the bonuses would make it worth it to consider flying to LGA instead.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Has anyone flown B6 out of LGA recently? When I was there last month, the TSA PreCheck lane was completely gone. No signage nothing. And there was no premium traveler lane either for Mosaics/Even More Speed. Instead, everybody passed via the same agent and then it split into 2 lines, crew included. I can't imagine regular commuters would tolerate this for very long. I've been on those lines for upwards of 30 minutes.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Enhanced Beverage & Catering + Misc

I am relieved that B6 is not using its express beverage service on these flights, that would make me never fly them!

Instead:
1. Customers can pick up a simit (a turkish bread snack) upon entering the jetway in BOS and LGA for this route;
2. All customers are given free beer and wine, including 2-3 local regional beers on this route;
3. I was also able to get a vodka drink on the route free as a Mosaic;
4. B6 is in LGA term B with the Amex Sentorian lounge;
5. Gate to gate FlyFi is offered on this route with the E190;
6. I've been looking at availability and many of the flights are very full, so I think the service is being well received. They have 0 day advance purchase fares of $129 each way which is lower than what AA and DL offered before the B6 launch.

I was on a recent flight where not all pax apparently got drink service. I think it helps if the f/as take the orders on the ground. I don't understand why more of the time they don't take orders on the ground especially in places with a longer taxi out or with shorter flights. That saves a lot of time in the air. On one of my LGA flights they took drink orders on the ground.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I was on a recent flight where not all pax apparently got drink service. I think it helps if the f/as take the orders on the ground. I don't understand why more of the time they don't take orders on the ground especially in places with a longer taxi out or with shorter flights. That saves a lot of time in the air. On one of my LGA flights they took drink orders on the ground.
Because the FA's job is to ensure safety of the cabin, not to serve drinks.

I was on a 25 minute WN flight back in June and they did a full drink service, entirely in the air. So it can be done. It was a full 737-800 too.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:38 am

I did a quick roundtrip mileage/points/Mosaic run this morning, and noticed a few things.

1. Customers can pick up a simit (a turkish bread snack) upon entering the jetway in BOS and LGA for this route;
I didn't realize that the simit was in place of the snack service. I'd much rather have a small bag of cookies instead of the simit (which is pretty good, but would get very old very fast)

2. All customers are given free beer and wine, including 2-3 local regional beers on this route;
Is this still true? The crew charged for all alcohol on my trip this morning.

5. Gate to gate FlyFi is offered on this route with the E190;
The crews must still be reading from an old script because this is not announced, and they still announce that FlyFi is available once we hit 10kft.

My seatmate asked for a coffee. He didn't even dissolve his sugar packets yet before they came by to take it from him The FA claimed that it was FAA regulation that all service items served on board must be collected.

It also appears that gate C11 is the permanent gate at BOS for LGA departures. I suppose it's so that they don't have to wheel the simits all over the place throughout the day.

I'm going out on another run this afternoon, and I'll post again if I observe any sort of difference in service.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 7, 2016 at 4:11 am
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
@diburning Flew it last week and agree with most of your observations. Didnt notice anyone ordering alcohol so cannot comment on that. Took forever to get my coffee but they didn't collect it at all so stuffed it into the seat pocket. Also same announcement made re FlyFi, but i was able to use it from the gate but it was turned off after touchdown?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:17 pm

The FlyFi IS available gate to gate on the entire E190 fleet, but it seems that the crews don't get any special training or scripts for this route.

The afternoon simit is still the same simit but comes with mustard instead of jam. On the afternoon departure from Boston, the captain commented that this route is only five weeks old. I'm on the return flight to BOS now. When boarding at LGA finally the GA (not FA) announced that the wifi will work gate to gate.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:56 pm

]
Just flew a roundtrip on this new jetBlue shuttle flight between Boston Logan and New York La Guardia.

I was very impressed with the ground service in both ends, and jetblue, which is usually pretty weak in terms of baggage delivery time, makes an effort to speed up the baggage delivery for these flights. In LGA, it took them only 13 minutes from parking at gate to deliver the first bag.

In terms of inflight service, I definitely agree that the F/As need to take the beverage orders prior to taking off, especially at LGA.

From LGA to BOS, the service was very rush and things would go smoother if beverage orders were already done in the ground. Of course I agree that they should be done after their safety duty, but if the F/As have times to check his or her cellphone or chitchat with each other, I think it is not too much to ask them to take a beverage order first. Sometimes you have to sit at LGA for more than 15 minutes and mind as well. Southwest F/As often do that too on plenty of my LAX-LAS flights. JetBlue needs to do a better job training the F/As doing those routes, or reminding them in some ways about the special service on this flight. Maybe put some remarks on their manifest or ask the gate agents to remind them the special service. However none of my flights have yet featured the full snack basket service. I have a feeling that it has been scrapped because of the short flying time.

The Turkish bagel is an interesting idea, but maybe they should look for different type of pastry for BOS and LGA departing flights. I am pretty sure plenty of local bakeries will be interested in promote their products on these key business flights.

The gate to gate flyfi is wonderful but I notice that the speed is better once it passes 10,000ft.

Good job, JetBlue! Please keep it up! I have two more roundtrips in the next two months and will report back if there is any update.

Carfield
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Loads

Are these flights filling up?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:17 pm

From my observations yesterday, during typical commuting times, yes.

My 6:50AM flight was completely full yesterday, the return at 8AM had maybe a dozen empty seats.

My 3:15PM flight was about 80% full, the return at 5:30PM was completely full BUT about 25 seats on the plane were taken by National Grid employees. I am assuming that National Grid was sending people to Boston to help with the repair effort related to the fire in Cambridge on Saturday. I'm not entirely sure whether that one normally fills up.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by diburning
From my observations yesterday, during typical commuting times, yes.

My 6:50AM flight was completely full yesterday, the return at 8AM had maybe a dozen empty seats.

My 3:15PM flight was about 80% full, the return at 5:30PM was completely full BUT about 25 seats on the plane were taken by National Grid employees. I am assuming that National Grid was sending people to Boston to help with the repair effort related to the fire in Cambridge on Saturday. I'm not entirely sure whether that one normally fills up.
Good, looks like they are on to something
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:36 pm

No more Turkish bagel

Just flew JetBlue 1231 from BOS to LGA this afternoon...
There have been some "enhancements"!

The turkish bagel service and full beverage service has been discontinued due to passengers' feedback. Honestly I can't imagine that passengers are writing to jetBlue in dove telling them they don't want fresh food.

Express beverage service has made a return to the LGA-BOS routes too, but free beer and wines are still offered. The male F/A on my flight was offering alcohol, but the female F/A serving my section was rather unpleasant. She did not actively offer any alcoholic beverages.

Same as express beverage service, two kinds of snacks are offered.

Very disappointed move by jetBlue!

Carfield
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:11 pm

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if people complained. It's either simit or no snack. Also, they're passing it off as a bagel in the morning, and as a pretzel in the afternoon (morning simits come with jam, late morning/afternoon/evening simits come with mustard)

Perhaps if they had a better variety of "fresh" food (the simits are all baked in the morning, so by the second flight or so, they start to get stale) people would appreciate it more. This is supposedly a commuter route after all, so commuters would probably be tired of the simit after a couple roundtrips.

I've never been on one of these flights where they were actively offering alcohol. It seemed like they wanted to be hush hush about it (to keep costs down maybe?) I was on a flight where they actually charged for alcohol (beer). I think the issue with this route is that the FAs are put rotated onto this route without additional training/notification that this is a special route with special perks.

I'm slightly disappointed that JetBlue decided to go with the express service route instead of giving the FAs instructions to simply take orders on the ground. The schedules are really padded anyway, and almost all flights leave ahead of schedule. Since they have dedicated gates for this service on both ends (A3 at LGA, A5 for backup, C11 at BOS, C12 for backup), they can also arrive early without consequence as well.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 19, 2016 at 11:17 pm
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Exclamation B6 Losing Differentiation Quickly on LGA Route

The simit set the B6 shuttle apart, and also I'm not a fan of the express beverage service. I mean I wouldn't say the simit was the absolute best food I ever ate, but I would always look forward to the novelty of having one on the 2x or so I flew roundtrip on the B6 shuttle. I too can't see any reason why the f/as can't at least start taking orders on the ground after they brief the customers & do the cabin check. Also the other day I was thinking it would be smarter if B6 could intigrate food/drink ordering in to the B6 app, and then you could nearly elliminate that "step" of the process from the f/as, they would just get a list of orders to fulfill.

I take a lot of east coast day trips, and I'm not a fan of closing the door 10 or 15 minutes early.

I just checked on Delta's web site and they see have an official published policy that they won't close the door of a shuttle flight any earlier than 5 minutes if there are checked in pax. Like B6 American will usually leav you behind in there futile obsession with D0 and they don't have any special provisions for holding the door open any longer on shuttle flights.

So I guess I better hold on to my Medallion for the BOS to LGA route!

I really enjoyed on DL this first class snack of hummus and chips, and I used to enjoy there tea vodka drink but I don't know if they still have that after the summer.

One thing I will give to B6 is the gate to gate WiFi, when it works.

To me the #paxex experience is the most important thing!

I also can't believe that customers wrote to JetBlue and asked them to stop serving the simit!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.