Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Will the suitcase handle cause an oversize luggage charge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

This will be our first time flying on Jetblue. Our luggage measures exactly 62" which is the max size you can check without it being considered oversize. However the leather handle sits up about 1/2" above the luggage.

In your opinions will this cause me to have to pay an oversize fee even if I keep the weight under the 50 pounds?

Thanks for the help!
-Andy
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Probably not. But only because the agents are unlikely to measure the bag. If they do choose to measure it and choose to be strict on the rules then the handle counts. But you're probably fine.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You have misread the B6 size requirements.

The maximum size before incurring the oversize fee is 63", not 62". Your bag is at 62.5".

But, to be clear, wheels, handles and everything else counts.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
You have misread the B6 size requirements.

The maximum size before incurring the oversize fee is 63", not 62". Your bag is at 62.5".

But, to be clear, wheels, handles and everything else counts.

Ahh, went off this that is posted on their website...

"Should your plans change after booking a particular fare, bags may be checked online or at the airport for additional fees. Checked bags that exceed 62" (157.48 cm) in overall dimensions (length + width + height) or exceed 50 pounds (22.68 kg) will also incur a fee."

I think I will risk it and hope for the best... Thanks for the input all.

-Andy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.