FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Mosaic Benefits - Experiences (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1791667-mosaic-benefits-experiences.html)

jay_dubya Sep 18, 2016 3:39 pm

Mosaic Benefits - Experiences

Does anyone know how late a reservation can be cancelled? Can you cancel and get credit/refund even after checking in?

sbm12 Sep 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Yes, though it gets harder (but not impossible) inside ~3 hours when the flight goes to gate control and you are checked in.

pchong8 Sep 20, 2016 10:51 pm

I've cancelled about two hours before departure, even after checking in. You can un-check-in yourself under manage flights then cancel flight for a refund. For non-refundable flights, I believe you would have to call the Mosiac line

jay_dubya Sep 21, 2016 5:50 am

Originally Posted by pchong8 (Post 27241131)
I've cancelled about two hours before departure, even after checking in. You can un-check-in yourself under manage flights then cancel flight for a refund. For non-refundable flights, I believe you would have to call the Mosiac line

Thanks. I was able to cancel 9 hours before by using twitter

RWPrincess Sep 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by pchong8 (Post 27241131)

I believe you can also do this on the app as there is a Modify Check-In option on the home screen now. That's a relatively new feature.

jay_dubya Oct 27, 2016 8:39 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess (Post 27248782)
I believe you can also do this on the app as there is a Modify Check-In option on the home screen now. That's a relatively new feature.

You can modify check in online, but you may have to call to cancel the reservation. On award tickets you definitely have to contact them.

jay_dubya Oct 27, 2016 8:42 am

Self tagging luggage

My wife flew out of FLL a few nights ago. She's also a mosaic. She was flying with 2 kids and luggage.
She went to the mosaic line to check in and was told at the counter to go use the self tagging kiosks. Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?

sbm12 Oct 29, 2016 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jay_dubya (Post 27399783)
Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?

The latter.

jay_dubya Apr 9, 2017 12:37 am

I can't find this clearly spelled out anywhere - are mosaics allowed bags up to 70 pounds, or only 50?

MSYtoJFKagain Apr 9, 2017 8:17 am

It may be an unpublished benefit but this would be the first I've heard of it.

50 lbs is the max for any single customer bag before oversize charges.

caliform Apr 9, 2017 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jay_dubya (Post 27399783)
My wife flew out of FLL a few nights ago. She's also a mosaic. She was flying with 2 kids and luggage.
She went to the mosaic line to check in and was told at the counter to go use the self tagging kiosks. Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?

Unhelpful. At SFO / JFK they are happy to help.

OEBB Apr 10, 2017 7:12 am

Originally Posted by caliform (Post 28152192)
Unhelpful. At SFO / JFK they are happy to help.

I'll add that they are also extremely helpful at FLL. Mosaic check-in is quite small at FLL, but even when the one desk/monitor isn't staffed I've had nothing but very positive experiences.

RWPrincess Apr 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Helpful at MCO and LGB too. I don't think either airport has self-tagging kiosks though.

Intheair2night May 20, 2017 6:03 pm

As a Mosaic, if I see a flight I booked has dropped in price, given the no fee cancellations/changes, is it easier to cancel and re-book, or change to another flight, and then back to the current flight at the new price?

MSYtoJFKagain May 20, 2017 6:14 pm

You can do it yourself on the website if you want. I would call the Mosaic line and tell them what you want to do. They'll help you out. Most likely just cancel and rebook.