Wiki Posts
Search

Mosaic Benefits - Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Mosaic Benefits - Experiences

Does anyone know how late a reservation can be cancelled? Can you cancel and get credit/refund even after checking in?

Last edited by jay_dubya; Sep 18, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, though it gets harder (but not impossible) inside ~3 hours when the flight goes to gate control and you are checked in.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:51 pm

I've cancelled about two hours before departure, even after checking in. You can un-check-in yourself under manage flights then cancel flight for a refund. For non-refundable flights, I believe you would have to call the Mosiac line
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pchong8
I've cancelled about two hours before departure, even after checking in. You can un-check-in yourself under manage flights then cancel flight for a refund. For non-refundable flights, I believe you would have to call the Mosiac line
Thanks. I was able to cancel 9 hours before by using twitter
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by pchong8
I believe you can also do this on the app as there is a Modify Check-In option on the home screen now. That's a relatively new feature.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I believe you can also do this on the app as there is a Modify Check-In option on the home screen now. That's a relatively new feature.
You can modify check in online, but you may have to call to cancel the reservation. On award tickets you definitely have to contact them.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Self tagging luggage

My wife flew out of FLL a few nights ago. She's also a mosaic. She was flying with 2 kids and luggage.
She went to the mosaic line to check in and was told at the counter to go use the self tagging kiosks. Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?
The latter.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:37 am
Original Poster

I can't find this clearly spelled out anywhere - are mosaics allowed bags up to 70 pounds, or only 50?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: Free agent
It may be an unpublished benefit but this would be the first I've heard of it.

50 lbs is the max for any single customer bag before oversize charges.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
My wife flew out of FLL a few nights ago. She's also a mosaic. She was flying with 2 kids and luggage.
She went to the mosaic line to check in and was told at the counter to go use the self tagging kiosks. Is that the new policy, or was the agent just unhelpful?
Unhelpful. At SFO / JFK they are happy to help.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AGR Select Exec, MR Plat, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
Originally Posted by caliform
Unhelpful. At SFO / JFK they are happy to help.
I'll add that they are also extremely helpful at FLL. Mosaic check-in is quite small at FLL, but even when the one desk/monitor isn't staffed I've had nothing but very positive experiences.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Helpful at MCO and LGB too. I don't think either airport has self-tagging kiosks though.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
As a Mosaic, if I see a flight I booked has dropped in price, given the no fee cancellations/changes, is it easier to cancel and re-book, or change to another flight, and then back to the current flight at the new price?
Old May 20, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Free agent
You can do it yourself on the website if you want. I would call the Mosaic line and tell them what you want to do. They'll help you out. Most likely just cancel and rebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.