Mosaic Benefits - Experiences

Reply

Old May 21, 17, 6:04 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain View Post
You can do it yourself on the website if you want. I would call the Mosaic line and tell them what you want to do. They'll help you out. Most likely just cancel and rebook.
Thanks for the advice!
Intheair2night is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 18, 10:28 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Posts: 219
I recently changed a flight via the Mosaic line, one minute after the departure of my originally scheduled flight. No issues.
ggcheckpointline53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 18, 1:08 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL, USA
Posts: 3,860
Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53 View Post
I recently changed a flight via the Mosaic line, one minute after the departure of my originally scheduled flight. No issues.
I guess you win the contest here :-)

I was going to say I've done it 10 minutes prior (a few times).
aviators99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 18, 9:05 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boston
Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Posts: 278
I always books 2x one ways so i can cancel and rebook each side when there is a price drop. Since sometimes one side went up and the other went down...
joachimm likes this.
HepperSchepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 18, 2:22 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: Delta DM, B6 Mosaic
Posts: 858
I expect to hit Mosaic within the next couple months. If I book travel now for later in the year, but need to cancel the flights later, will the change/refund fees be waived so long as I am Mosaic at that time, or will they look to the time when the ticket was purchased and charge the regular fees?
Billy Mumphrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 18, 4:24 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 65
It is is based on your status at the time.

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey View Post
I expect to hit Mosaic within the next couple months. If I book travel now for later in the year, but need to cancel the flights later, will the change/refund fees be waived so long as I am Mosaic at that time, or will they look to the time when the ticket was purchased and charge the regular fees?
leonger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 8:39 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,156
CXing a pts tkt > 24 hrs

I understand a Mosaic can CX a tkt at any time I was able to do that but was told the taxes paid are non-refundable and will go into my travel bank rather then be refunded, is that how its done? I could have sworn Ive CXed in the past and the taxes were refunded to my CC

Its just easier having it refunded then to use the travel bank, would the same be the case if the tkt was a non-refundable fare then also no refund but instead it all goes into the TB?
craz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 9:17 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by craz View Post
I understand a Mosaic can CX a tkt at any time I was able to do that but was told the taxes paid are non-refundable and will go into my travel bank rather then be refunded, is that how its done? I could have sworn Ive CXed in the past and the taxes were refunded to my CC

Its just easier having it refunded then to use the travel bank, would the same be the case if the tkt was a non-refundable fare then also no refund but instead it all goes into the TB?
I've always had the full amount refunded to my TB, except when I cancel within 24 hours of reservation. Then the full amount goes back to my CC.
easy_money is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:11 am
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,156
Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
I've always had the full amount refunded to my TB, except when I cancel within 24 hours of reservation. Then the full amount goes back to my CC.
Thx, I must have either CXed within 24 hrs and forgot, as I do remember getting a refund to myt CC
craz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:38 am
  #25  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,056
Originally Posted by craz View Post
I understand a Mosaic can CX a tkt at any time I was able to do that but was told the taxes paid are non-refundable and will go into my travel bank rather then be refunded, is that how its done? I could have sworn Ive CXed in the past and the taxes were refunded to my CC

Its just easier having it refunded then to use the travel bank, would the same be the case if the tkt was a non-refundable fare then also no refund but instead it all goes into the TB?
I assume you're talking about an award ticket that has the points refunded but not the taxes? That's normal IME. The benefit is no change fees, not free refunds. And any value paid goes to a Travel Bank account. Same on a nonrefundable fare.
sbm12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 19, 11:48 am
  #26  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,156
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
I assume you're talking about an award ticket that has the points refunded but not the taxes? That's normal IME. The benefit is no change fees, not free refunds. And any value paid goes to a Travel Bank account. Same on a nonrefundable fare.
thx, yea I was talking about using my pts to pay for the tkt

I thought it was all refunded till the csr said she worked there for 11 yrs and it was always this way. Yet I remembered getting the taxes back, must have been I CXed withing 24 hrs (which would apply for everyone).

its not a big deal and will use it but I have to remember to use the TB and not pay the taxes using my CC.

Havent purchased a non-refundable since being a Mosaic so I didnt know whats what, but do now

I
craz is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread