Mosaic Benefits - Experiences

Old May 21, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
You can do it yourself on the website if you want. I would call the Mosaic line and tell them what you want to do. They'll help you out. Most likely just cancel and rebook.
Thanks for the advice!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
I recently changed a flight via the Mosaic line, one minute after the departure of my originally scheduled flight. No issues.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53
I recently changed a flight via the Mosaic line, one minute after the departure of my originally scheduled flight. No issues.
I guess you win the contest here :-)

I was going to say I've done it 10 minutes prior (a few times).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I always books 2x one ways so i can cancel and rebook each side when there is a price drop. Since sometimes one side went up and the other went down...
joachimm likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I expect to hit Mosaic within the next couple months. If I book travel now for later in the year, but need to cancel the flights later, will the change/refund fees be waived so long as I am Mosaic at that time, or will they look to the time when the ticket was purchased and charge the regular fees?
Old May 1, 2018, 4:24 am

It is is based on your status at the time.

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I expect to hit Mosaic within the next couple months. If I book travel now for later in the year, but need to cancel the flights later, will the change/refund fees be waived so long as I am Mosaic at that time, or will they look to the time when the ticket was purchased and charge the regular fees?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

CXing a pts tkt > 24 hrs

I understand a Mosaic can CX a tkt at any time I was able to do that but was told the taxes paid are non-refundable and will go into my travel bank rather then be refunded, is that how its done? I could have sworn Ive CXed in the past and the taxes were refunded to my CC

Its just easier having it refunded then to use the travel bank, would the same be the case if the tkt was a non-refundable fare then also no refund but instead it all goes into the TB?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by craz
I understand a Mosaic can CX a tkt at any time I was able to do that but was told the taxes paid are non-refundable and will go into my travel bank rather then be refunded, is that how its done? I could have sworn Ive CXed in the past and the taxes were refunded to my CC

Its just easier having it refunded then to use the travel bank, would the same be the case if the tkt was a non-refundable fare then also no refund but instead it all goes into the TB?
I've always had the full amount refunded to my TB, except when I cancel within 24 hours of reservation. Then the full amount goes back to my CC.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by easy_money
I've always had the full amount refunded to my TB, except when I cancel within 24 hours of reservation. Then the full amount goes back to my CC.
Thx, I must have either CXed within 24 hrs and forgot, as I do remember getting a refund to myt CC
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by craz

I assume you're talking about an award ticket that has the points refunded but not the taxes? That's normal IME. The benefit is no change fees, not free refunds. And any value paid goes to a Travel Bank account. Same on a nonrefundable fare.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
I assume you're talking about an award ticket that has the points refunded but not the taxes? That's normal IME. The benefit is no change fees, not free refunds. And any value paid goes to a Travel Bank account. Same on a nonrefundable fare.
thx, yea I was talking about using my pts to pay for the tkt

I thought it was all refunded till the csr said she worked there for 11 yrs and it was always this way. Yet I remembered getting the taxes back, must have been I CXed withing 24 hrs (which would apply for everyone).

its not a big deal and will use it but I have to remember to use the TB and not pay the taxes using my CC.

Havent purchased a non-refundable since being a Mosaic so I didnt know whats what, but do now

I

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.