Jetblue Upgrades

Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by medellinfein
Is there the option of using Jetblue points, in leiu of cash $, for the $499 gate upgrade to Mint?
I personally have not seen this myself. That said, $499 to upgrade to Mint on a transcon is to me a really good bargain. VX would sell last minute upgrades on transcons have been as high as $399.00 IME.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by ptownca
I personally have not seen this myself. That said, $499 to upgrade to Mint on a transcon is to me a really good bargain. VX would sell last minute upgrades on transcons have been as high as $399.00 IME.
Actually the $499 upgrade fee was increased a few months ago. It is now $649 I believe.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by JMG5575
Actually the $499 upgrade fee was increased a few months ago. It is now $649 I believe.
Just asked last week and they said $649. Could have maybe been because it was the last 2 seats, but more likely this is the new up-charge fee.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Free agent
I haven't been transcon since my last post. If they've bumped it to $650 on all seat that's a shame. I was willing to bite at $500 but $650 crosses the line for me unless it's a red eye.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Just asked last week and they said $649. Could have maybe been because it was the last 2 seats, but more likely this is the new up-charge fee.
It has been $649 since at least the beginning of September as far as I know.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:19 pm

649 is a no-go for me. Seems a bit silly to me to charge that much, but what do I know.

You can book a Mint seat this week on, say, B6 287 LAX-BOS right now for $599. But you can't upgrade via itinerary change (I know, cause I'm on that flight even though there's seven open Mint seats) and it would actually cost me less, change fees included, to cancel my current itinerary, rebook it with a mint leg and my regular return leg, than paying the upgrade charge.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:14 am

is 649 just for JFK-SFO/LAX or all mint route? Seems to make no sense to charge that much for routes where they routinely price sub $600.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

$649 was BOS-LAX/SFO from what I've seen. Not sure about JFK.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:35 am

Long time lurker, first time caller.

So I've read through the threads and I'm still a little unclear. Can you help out someone new to JetBlue?

I'm flying JFK-LAS tomorrow on an award ticket. Only one of the Mint seats have sold. What I can't figure out is when the best time to upgrade occurs. Is it during check-in? Should I do it on my mobile app or is it only at the kiosk, similar to how AA does it (or at least used to do it)? Will the fact I'm on an award ticket matter?

The seats are currently selling for $649 online.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:20 am

If you're looking to pay for an upgrade, you'll have to purchase it at the gate since it's an award ticket.

For free upgrades, that will not happen unless Core is full, and there are standbys to clear. Since you're on an award ticket, there is a zero chance that you will be upgraded for free.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:14 am

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm looking to pay for the upgrade. Any idea what these gate upgrades usually cost? I've seen a couple figures in various threads that make me wonder if it might be worthwhile to just call JetBlue and ask them if they'll return the points and let me pay for the Mint seat as a rebook, hoping of course they'd waive change fees.

One more question for future knowledge, if you're on a paid ticket and looking to buy a paid upgrade, do you upgrade at the gate or are there checkin/kiosk options?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by the_lurker
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm looking to pay for the upgrade. Any idea what these gate upgrades usually cost? I've seen a couple figures in various threads that make me wonder if it might be worthwhile to just call JetBlue and ask them if they'll return the points and let me pay for the Mint seat as a rebook, hoping of course they'd waive change fees.

One more question for future knowledge, if you're on a paid ticket and looking to buy a paid upgrade, do you upgrade at the gate or are there checkin/kiosk options?
At the gate
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by the_lurker
You'd either have to call in or do it at the gate. JetBlue's not equipped to handle upgrades at the kiosk since it requires agent intervention to get it to work.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:36 pm

can you pay the different in fare to upgrade to mint in the following route?

LGB-BOS via SFO (i.e. LGB-SFO-BOS, but only SFO-BOS leg has mint)... can you book LGB-SFO-BOS in coach, and pay the difference between coach and mint for the SFO-BOS leg to get upgraded to mint in the SFO-BOS leg?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, but not exactly as you describe it. There should be a published Mint fare for LGB-BOS that you can buy. Otherwise you're just buying LGB-SFO + SFO-BOS as separate fares and that is likely to be more expensive.

That said, the regular site often has trouble with mixed cabin itineraries like that. BlueInc is better at them. If you search LGB-BOS does it offer you the Mint fare option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.