Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue Upgrades

Hello Everyone,

I am flying SFO-JFK in September and simply love the new Mint concept for first class. It's truly the best looking first class cabin I've seen for domestic flights. Unfortunately it's more expensive than some of the major airlines are charging ($1200 RT vs. $960 I've seen on Delta for example for the same dates).

I plan on booking economy class and was wondering how much the upgrades usually are (in advance or last minute)? Has anyone ever gotten bumped up somehow? I only have 4,686 - how many points do I need to upgrade to Mint?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by crwecko
Hello Everyone,

I am flying SFO-JFK in September and simply love the new Mint concept for first class. It's truly the best looking first class cabin I've seen for domestic flights. Unfortunately it's more expensive than some of the major airlines are charging ($1200 RT vs. $960 I've seen on Delta for example for the same dates).

I plan on booking economy class and was wondering how much the upgrades usually are (in advance or last minute)? Has anyone ever gotten bumped up somehow? I only have 4,686 - how many points do I need to upgrade to Mint?
The upgrade will be the difference between what you paid and the current mint price
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

So they don't do an upgrade 24 hours before or on the spot like Virgin America and most other airlines?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
B6 does not do upgrades; if you want to sit in Mint, you'll have to pay for it.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by dw
B6 does not do upgrades; if you want to sit in Mint, you'll have to pay for it.
Gate agents occasionally upgrade passengers.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
So they don't do an upgrade 24 hours before or on the spot like Virgin America and most other airlines?
Virgin America doesn't upgrade elites unless you pay the upgrade fee.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

I don't know why but the price of SFO-JFK just went up to $197 from $146. I called the airline and they said that it sometimes goes up at this time of night. They said it might come down and they would adjust it if it did. It was $146 for practically all date in September just earlier today. Again not sure what could have happened and what to do at this point...
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I don't know why but the price of SFO-JFK just went up to $197 from $146. I called the airline and they said that it sometimes goes up at this time of night. They said it might come down and they would adjust it if it did. It was $146 for practically all date in September just earlier today. Again not sure what could have happened and what to do at this point...
What to do? I would keep it in perspective. $197 is dirt cheap for a transcontinental ticket. 30 years ago, a cheap ticket on the same route would have been twice as much, without taking inflation into acount!
trooper likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zrs70
What to do? I would keep it in perspective. $197 is dirt cheap for a transcontinental ticket. 30 years ago, a cheap ticket on the same route would have been twice as much, without taking inflation into acount!
Of course, I understand that - it's just that I hate myself for missing that deal when I saw it a few days ago and didn't pounce on it. If the original deal was $197 I wouldn't even think about having missed anything. They must have increased the price to match the other airlines. Seems like Virgin went up on the same route the same day too... And Delta did as well...
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:42 am
dw

Again not sure what could have happened and what to do at this point...
I would consider it a good lesson for the future. Airfares can change at any time, so if you see a good deal just buy it immediately. You always have 24 hours to cancel if you change your mind.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
Of course, I understand that - it's just that I hate myself for missing that deal when I saw it a few days ago and didn't pounce on it. If the original deal was $197 I wouldn't even think about having missed anything. They must have increased the price to match the other airlines. Seems like Virgin went up on the same route the same day too... And Delta did as well...
Airfares can change as frequent as hourly nowadays. If you want the fare you see, book it immediately otherwise it will probably be gone the next day.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
You can't steal in Slow Motion.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by FLIHGH
Gate agents occasionally upgrade passengers.
Occasionally Mosaic passengers
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Occasionally Mosaic passengers
More often than standard pax, but not always.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:06 am
dw

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
More often than standard pax, but not always.
Normally I would assume as op-ups when coach is oversold, but I thought B6 does not overbook? Are these in situations where coach is full and they are trying to accommodate standbys?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.