Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

The Lounge at BOS Terminal C open to Priority Pass

The Lounge at BOS Terminal C open to Priority Pass

Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:34 pm

So, lie to them? Jeez, it's not even that great of a lounge.

There's no rule that says you can't go down to B, clear security there, and use those United passes. Just have your boarding pass for the evening flight ready. I just don't think there's a lounge at Boston that I'd go out of my way for, at least none that will admit me with a PP card. The Club in the lower level of E will eventually be pretty nice - it's nice enough now, but tiny because they only have a smaller space open while they renovate and build out the rest, but that's another option with PP. I think i'd just go over to Legal in E and grab dinner and look out the window.

Last edited by PWMTrav; Aug 28, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
If they denied me access I would go over to the AF or PP Lounge in Terminal E which is connected airside - about a 10 minute walk from where the C Lounge is and (arguably) better. I use this lounge about once a month and have never been denied access during that time period.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Free agent
I just go to Legal Seafood and grab a bowl of chowder if I have the time. I usually cut my transit/security fairly close if flying instead of taking the train because I'm in a rush. I'm also not much of a lounge person.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:58 am

Thanks, all. I've been reading anecdotal reports of PP folks being turned away from the Lounge in Terminal C, so I was just curious if folks here had had that experience. I also wasn't sure whether we could walk from C to E and back without a lot of hassle -- BOS is one of only 2 major US airports I've never been to, so I have no sense of it -- so it sounds like going over to the Air France lounge in E is an option if we get turned away at C, and a better option that trying to go to B to use our United Club passes and then come back. If things are on time, we'll be at Logan for almost 5 hours between flights, so even a leisurely dinner will still leave us a lot of time to kill.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
They do control capacity to ensure all Aer Lingus business class passengers can access the lounge.

They don't turn people away everyday, but I do see it happen periodically.

They create a wait list when they turn people away. Make sure you ask to be on it and get your name written down, since not all desk agents offer.

If you are turned away, the lounges at Terminal E are a 8-10 minute walk within security. There is another Club run by these folks there. You can also access the Air France lounge with Priority Pass.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Aside from busy times before departure, where it might be hard to access with PP, the AF Lounge has really decent food and drink, along with a really good selection of newspapers and magazines.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you're ever declined entrance, it's a relatively small space with few power outlets.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:04 pm

The Lounge at Terminal C can get busy in the early afternoon hours with all the international flights, so lately I found myself just going to straight to the Air France lounge, which is fairly large in terms of size at Terminal E. I mostly took Mint flights to SFO/LAX, so the AF lounge is actually closer to C8/9/10 that most Mint flights use.

While the decor of the AF lounge is a bit sterile, they have a good range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with a good range of soups, sandwiches, salad, and hot dishes. In the afternoon hours when they mainly served Hainan Airlines' passengers, they have one hot Asian dish. They also have many cup noodles out. If you come during the evening hours, they will switch to some pasta dishes with a meat dish, along with a fancier cold cuts and cheese platter.

Carfield
Yahtzee, ptownca and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
The Lounge at Terminal C can get busy in the early afternoon hours with all the international flights, so lately I found myself just going to straight to the Air France lounge, which is fairly large in terms of size at Terminal E. I mostly took Mint flights to SFO/LAX, so the AF lounge is actually closer to C8/9/10 that most Mint flights use.

While the decor of the AF lounge is a bit sterile, they have a good range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with a good range of soups, sandwiches, salad, and hot dishes. In the afternoon hours when they mainly served Hainan Airlines' passengers, they have one hot Asian dish. They also have many cup noodles out. If you come during the evening hours, they will switch to some pasta dishes with a meat dish, along with a fancier cold cuts and cheese platter.

Carfield
The Club down in E is also going to be pretty good once the buildout is complete. It's a decent lounge now, but tiny because they're compressed into essentially one room.

I didn't realize that Mint flights tended to use those gates most often - thanks for that info.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
FWIW, the AF Lounge is self-pour.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Just found this thread, belatedly.

We fly JetBlue fairly frequently from Boston, but haven't since last September.

Where is this Lounge, and it IS open to JetBlue flyers with boarding passes who also have Priority Pass?

Is it near gate C30/etc., or near the beginning of that "wing" of gates?
We would love to find some nicer place to wait, past Security.

Apologies, but I'm also forgetting: Are ALL of the JetBlue gates now in one "wing" of C terminal?
(I think they switched some or all about 2 years ago?)

Do Priority Pass holders really get turned away if it's busy - or should I ask, does it really get "busy"?

Many thanks.

GC
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
All of the JetBlue gates are in Terminal C - a little more than half to the left after security; the rest to the right. The Priority Pass lounged is by Gate 19. So, accessible from Gate 30 area but a long walk all the way past security.

I have been turned away because it was full. It is used for Aer Lingus and maybe TAP and those folks have priority.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
All of the JetBlue gates are in Terminal C - a little more than half to the left after security; the rest to the right. The Priority Pass lounged is by Gate 19. So, accessible from Gate 30 area but a long walk all the way past security.

I have been turned away because it was full. It is used for Aer Lingus and maybe TAP and those folks have priority.
Thanks so much.

Do you happen to remember which gate number ranges are to the left, which to the right (all with "back to airport entry"). The 30/31 set is... at the end of the "left" side, off to one side?

There are no other lounge areas once one is past Security in C?

(We used to fly JetBlue *very* frequently, but that was mostly before the new gate area, so I fear I have too much sort of imprinted from those previous years.)

We'd be there before an evening flight (which is rare) this time, which is probably when the evening flights to Europe start to get active...
Ah well, we've gotten through all these years of JetBlue with "no lounge", so it's just more of the same

Many thanks, again.

GC
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Thanks so much.

Do you happen to remember which gate number ranges are to the left, which to the right (all with "back to airport entry"). The 30/31 set is... at the end of the "left" side, off to one side?

There are no other lounge areas once one is past Security in C?

(We used to fly JetBlue *very* frequently, but that was mostly before the new gate area, so I fear I have too much sort of imprinted from those previous years.)

We'd be there before an evening flight (which is rare) this time, which is probably when the evening flights to Europe start to get active...
Ah well, we've gotten through all these years of JetBlue with "no lounge", so it's just more of the same

Many thanks, again.

GC
The terminal C lounge is to the left once you clear security, it's about a 3 minute walk. If you're willing to walk a short distance longer, there is the Air France lounge in Terminal E (connected airside to terminal C). Depending on what gate your flight is departing out of, the Air France lounge might be closer. Both accept priority pass and will let you in with a Jet Blue boarding pass. The Air France lounge is larger and I've found is easier to gain access to when the terminal c lounge is turning people away.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
The terminal C lounge is to the left once you clear security, it's about a 3 minute walk. If you're willing to walk a short distance longer, there is the Air France lounge in Terminal E (connected airside to terminal C). Depending on what gate your flight is departing out of, the Air France lounge might be closer. Both accept priority pass and will let you in with a Jet Blue boarding pass. The Air France lounge is larger and I've found is easier to gain access to when the terminal c lounge is turning people away.
Thanks again.

I think we've used the Air France lounge for another airline's overseas flights (Alitalia, a few years ago).
And I think I need to review a current airport map!
Where does the E-C walkway connect at C? I didn't realize there was an airside connection.

Thanks. We 'll definitely keep the AF lounge in mind.
With rush hour traffic during our trip to the airport, we'll probably schedule quite a bit of extra time. There's no "next flight" of the day.

GC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.