Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Logan airside transfer terminal C to E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Logan airside transfer terminal C to E?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:24 pm

is it worth it? my flight leaves terminal E at 10pm on a friday. i am flying an international carrier that participates in precheck program.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:40 pm
Suspended

TSA check point at terminal E can be a zoo around 7-9 pm. Friday's more so.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
According to the TSA website, Terminal C Pre-Check closes at 8pm, so you'd have to get to the airport before 8pm anyway.

Also, was there a need to cross-post / re-post your question so many times?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...-precheck.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...-question.html
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:40 am

A question regarding connections between Aer Lingus and Jetblue now that Aer Lingus is in terminal C. The planned itinerary is DUB-BOS on EI, then separate ticket on B6 BOS-DCA. Since both airlines use terminal C and pre-clearance is done in Dublin, can one just deplane from EI and walk over to the B6 departure gate without going thru anymore security checks? I'm looking at a 1 hour 20 min connection.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by headinclouds
A question regarding connections between Aer Lingus and Jetblue now that Aer Lingus is in terminal C. The planned itinerary is DUB-BOS on EI, then separate ticket on B6 BOS-DCA. Since both airlines use terminal C and pre-clearance is done in Dublin, can one just deplane from EI and walk over to the B6 departure gate without going thru anymore security checks? I'm looking at a 1 hour 20 min connection.
Yes. That said, do you have checked bags? If those aren't checked through (seems unlikely with separate tickets), then you'd need to go to exit the secure area to go to baggage claim and then put them with JetBlue and re-clear security.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Yes. That said, do you have checked bags? If those aren't checked through (seems unlikely with separate tickets), then you'd need to go to exit the secure area to go to baggage claim and then put them with JetBlue and re-clear security.
No checked bags, so should be a-ok. Correct?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You should be fine.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by octr202
C40-42 connector to rest of C is supposedly in the works but not there yet. Probably not as much of a push since B6 is (I believe) currently out of those gates for the time being.
Is this "C40-42 connector to rest of C" operational yet? Massport map seems to indicate that there is some sort of connection.

TIA

Last edited by medellinfein; Jun 23, 2018 at 9:27 am
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
No. They haven't even begun construction yet. The connector will take up part of the current food court. The current food court will be moved into the central area of the terminal, next to the ticket counters.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Delete.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
No. They haven't even begun construction yet. The connector will take up part of the current food court. The current food court will be moved into the central area of the terminal, next to the ticket counters.
You're right; either map misrendered on my phone or i misunderstood it.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Asking around, it seems that the original plan is being revisited, for possible improvements. So, eventually, the connector will be built, but it's just a matter of finalizing what's actually going to happen.

Here's some of the ideas that were thrown out there:

1. Move the food court into the middle of the ticketing lobby with a drastically reduced seating area. JetBlue would have to give up a little bit of kiosk space, in return for getting C40-42 and the connector. (Original plan)

2. Leave the food court in place landside, but, take away a corridor width space from it, so that Dunkin Donuts, and Ryo Asian Fusion would either have to relocate or close. Currito would remain, and Jerry Remy's would downsize. Rumor is that Burger King will eventually close regardless of the plan chosen. Possible relocation spots for the food establishments include the middle of the ticketing concourse, and the current location of the C40-42 TSA checkpoint.

3. Same as option 2, but they add a gate to the connector. Since JetBlue's bag room is directly underneath the food court, they would have to extend the concourse outward. The alleyway in that section is already very congested, so this option requires a lot of consideration for impact on operations.

4. Same as option 3, but would involve moving the current food court tenants airside.

Last edited by diburning; Jun 25, 2018 at 10:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.