Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
No idea on any changes, got the same email. My initial fear was they where doing away with the 2x stacking for the rebates on the Business and Plus cards.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I think it originally said you got the 10% back on redemption, not after travel. But in practice that's not how it worked so that's why they are clarifying that one maybe?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
In the previous iteration, it did not specifically say Mosaic status, but just "Mosaic benefits." The rebate was clarified that you need to book and fly to earn the rebate, credited after a certain amount of time. It previously (incorrectly) stated that the rebate would come a certain amount of time after booking.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:57 am

Thinking about getting the plus card. Current offer is a bonus 40k points for signing up. How often, if ever, do they have special offers where that gets pushed up and what does it usually get raised to?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Right now they're pushing the regular card on-board, but when they do push the plus card on board, it seems like the on-board offers are usually equivalent to, or better than the online offers.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Called up today for a retention offer. Got nothing. Really would of had to get a fantastic retention offer to pay the $100 AF, so I cancelled. Hopeful to have the 24 month clock reset and apply for this card again in the future for the 60k signup bonus.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I put $50k on the card in a year and got no retention offer. Unfortunate.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
I put $50k on the card in a year and got no retention offer. Unfortunate.
Crazy. I put maybe $ 2000 on it for the entire year and 3 months ago they waived the annual fee as a retention offer.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
JetBlue BUSINESS Card retention offer

For the business card, the retention offer I got was waiving the annual fee and 2500 points.

They first just offered the 2500 points, and then added the annual fee waiver when I said I still wanted to cancel.

There is is no spending requirement for the 2500 points.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by danib62
Thinking about getting the plus card. Current offer is a bonus 40k points for signing up. How often, if ever, do they have special offers where that gets pushed up and what does it usually get raised to?
lt was 60k for 1k spend last January.
that was a great deal.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
data point: called to cancel due to annual fee. was offered half off annual fee. I asked about other offers and was also given 5000 points pending $1k spend thru dec 31. so I kept
Robl and levilevi like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Wow this card application process is a royal PITA - IMO even worse than notoriously difficult JCB Marukai.

Applied online for the 60k offer, received the dreaded pending notice which was no surprise given my current fraud alerts at the CRAs. Called recon line today, was told there was a mismatch between my app and CRA info, so I need to send copies of my drivers license, SSN card, and a recent utility bill. I find all this a bit idiotic as I already have an established relationship with Barclays through my AAviator card. The CSR was sympathetic but said there is no way to bypass these requirements. Though on the plus side, I guess I should be thankful my recent Chase apps did not cause an automatic decline.

Anyway, for those of you (like me) with fraud alerts and PO boxes, don't expect a quick payoff on this card.
I applied for three credit cards around the same time - Chase, AMEX and Barclays JetBlue. Instant approval for Chase and AMEX and "not able to approve at this time" from Barclays. So I called reconsideration and got the same message as you - they were sending a letter and I needed to send copies of the driver's license, utility/bank bill and social security card. I said I don't have a social security card and they allowed that I could send my tax return instead. On that first call I meekly said okay, but when it came down to it I really didn't want to do this, so about a week later I called again and asked what was the reasoning behind this, especially since I already have a relationship with them (Aviator and Apple Cards). The agent said that was probably why I was getting this request. "We are an international bank and we want to make sure that none of our people abroad accessed your information and are applying in your name." I was kind of shocked and said surely someone could just pick up the phone and call me to confirm I had applied. He said there was no other option: "The system has locked your application until these documents are received." I don't really want this card that badly. And I don't have a fraud alert or a P.O. Box.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Jet Blue, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by Rikki3072
I applied for three credit cards around the same time - Chase, AMEX and Barclays JetBlue. Instant approval for Chase and AMEX and "not able to approve at this time" from Barclays. So I called reconsideration and got the same message as you - they were sending a letter and I needed to send copies of the driver's license, utility/bank bill and social security card. I said I don't have a social security card and they allowed that I could send my tax return instead. On that first call I meekly said okay, but when it came down to it I really didn't want to do this, so about a week later I called again and asked what was the reasoning behind this, especially since I already have a relationship with them (Aviator and Apple Cards). The agent said that was probably why I was getting this request. "We are an international bank and we want to make sure that none of our people abroad accessed your information and are applying in your name." I was kind of shocked and said surely someone could just pick up the phone and call me to confirm I had applied. He said there was no other option: "The system has locked your application until these documents are received." I don't really want this card that badly. And I don't have a fraud alert or a P.O. Box.
Interesting! I just applied for the card, as I expect to be flying JetBlue heavily from November onwards. I've only been living in the US for a year so my credit history is poor, and I got what I assumed was a decline. I've not yet opened the letter they've sent me, so perhaps it's an RFI rather than an outright denial.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:54 pm

With the Plus card, I have an email offer saying in large print "Purchase a JetBlue flight and spend $50 or more on eligible transportation purchases with your JetBlue Card from 12/1/18 to 2/28/19 $50 cash back in the form of a statement credit," and in the fine print:
This offer is for select cardmembers and is not transferable. If you close your account or switch to another product, other than a JetBlue product, during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion. Cardmembers who receive this offer and purchase a new JetBlue flight and spend $50 in eligible transportation purchases with transaction dates from 12/1/2018 to 2/28/2019 will earn a $50 statement credit. Eligible transportation purchases are limited to, ride share transactions like Lyft and UBER, taxi and limousines, and parking lots and garages. Purchases made during the promotional period that are later returned or rescinded are not eligible. Eligible transportation purchases are defined by merchant category codes. Each merchant designates a category code to assign to purchases in each of the eligible categories above. Although most eligible purchases will use merchant category codes selected for this offer, it is possible that some have designated a merchant category code that is not classified as such and therefore any purchases made will not qualify for the promotion. Failure to maintain your creditworthiness during the offer period may result in actions on your account, such as a credit line decrease, that would reduce your ability to take advantage of this bonus offer. To receive the statement credit, the cardmember’s account must be open, active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. All statement credits earned will appear on the cardmember’s statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Am I reading this correctly to say that there is no requirement for the rides and parking eligible for the credit to be part of the trip taken with the purchased flight? That is, could I book a flight now for after the promotion period, and get $50 back for rides and parking during the period? As far as that goes, could "purchase a flight" include booking a flight on points and paying the security fee with the card?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Ahh that's what the credit was

Originally Posted by rove312
With the Plus card, I have an email offer saying in large print "Purchase a JetBlue flight and spend $50 or more on eligible transportation purchases with your JetBlue Card from 12/1/18 to 2/28/19 $50 cash back in the form of a statement credit," and in the fine print:

Am I reading this correctly to say that there is no requirement for the rides and parking eligible for the credit to be part of the trip taken with the purchased flight? That is, could I book a flight now for after the promotion period, and get $50 back for rides and parking during the period? As far as that goes, could "purchase a flight" include booking a flight on points and paying the security fee with the card?
Yes*
I had a statement credit post and no idea what it was for, figured it was an old offer that I'd since forgotten about that took forever to post, but I think it was this. The travel and adjacent Lyfts happened in December, but the flights were booked long before 12/1. Two flights were JetBlue and booked with this card, two weren't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.