Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Collee
I did not have an Amex so applying as new cardmember. Do you think the bonus sign up will be higher in future or does the 30k seem to be a pretty attractive deal and I should take the plunge now?
I think 30K is really good and do not foresee them changing that. The Amex card was only 20K though I think initially it may have been 40K.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I called both Mosaic and Amex last night. Amex confirmed my card was cancelled on January 8.

Per Mosaic, my TrueBlue account still shows me as an active cardmember.

Per Amex, they have no responsibility to report account closings to JetBlue. Yet JetBlue claims they cannot update TrueBlue accounts unless Amex tells them the account is closed. Something is off here.

I've seen other cancelled cardmembers complaining via twitter over the last day as well about the new card notices.

Maybe it's time to take this to Mr. Hayes.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:45 pm

Alright. Decided to apply for both the Plus and Business cards. I mean, why not ... who else pulls TU anyways? (...and that's a bonus in and of itself.)

Plus was instantly approved with a generous credit line. ^

Business went into Pending with "we will be calling you for more information"

30,000 or 60,000 ... I have been wanting to try JB's Mint class and for $99 and a TU pull ... I'm all in! ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Alright. Decided to apply for both the Plus and Business cards. I mean, why not ... who else pulls TU anyways? (...and that's a bonus in and of itself.)

30,000 or 60,000 ... I have been wanting to try JB's Mint class and for $99 and a TU pull ... I'm all in! ^ ^ ^
Any update on the personal/business combo app? And to confirm, you weren't a past AMEX cardholder, right?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

I'm also really curious about this. I wonder if using the same SS on 2 applications creates any 30K bonus flags. My business has a TIN/EIN, but you still normally need to put in a SS# for these applications.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
My cards just arrived in the mail.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:15 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I had cancelled my Amex a couple months ago but a converted card just arrived in the mail. Not happy.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I just called in and cancelled, I hope I don't get transferred over to Barclay, it seems like a crappy deal to be transferred.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:38 am

Received my new Barclay's card yesterday despite having cancelled my account with Amex. Since the sign up bonus on the free version is only 10K, I'll probably keep it for a while.

There was nothing enclosed that mentioned the bonus for spending by June. Looking though my emails, I don't have anything on it. Was this ever "officially" published anywhere?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:11 am

We should only be converted if we our Amex standing was still good by 3/18, right? If we have confirmation of cancellation before then, especially those of us who canceled in 2015, then there must be a way to take care of this. Is there an email address we can contact at barclaycard?

Last edited by alegeeter; Mar 15, 2016 at 7:19 am
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skimple
There was nothing enclosed that mentioned the bonus for spending by June. Looking though my emails, I don't have anything on it. Was this ever "officially" published anywhere?
Converted cards/accounts do not have a spend bonus threshold; the bonus is only for new accounts.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbm12
Converted cards/accounts do not have a spend bonus threshold; the bonus is only for new accounts.
It's been reported that converted accounts are supposed to receive a bonus of $100 off a companion fare after spending $500 before June 30.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dw
It's been reported that converted accounts are supposed to receive a bonus of $100 off a companion fare after spending $500 before June 30.
Where was that reported? No one from Barclays mentioned that during our discussions last week.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:40 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbm12
Where was that reported? No one from Barclays mentioned that during our discussions last week.
Not sure where they got their information from, but both Darius and DOC reported the $100 companion discount last week for the conversion cards.

DOC actually had a chart (presumably provided by either Jetblue or Barclays) comparing the benefits of all four card products that mentioned the $100 discount.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by alegeeter
We should only be converted if we our Amex standing was still good by 3/18, right? If we have confirmation of cancellation before then, especially those of us who canceled in 2015, then there must be a way to take care of this. Is there an email address we can contact at barclaycard?
Barclays has no idea what they're talking about right now. Contacting them for support prior to March 18 or 21 will be useless. I've heard them tell me that I will get an acct, that I won't get an acct, that I'll get a card and that I can ignore it... Best one I've heard is that March 18th is the date having an active AmEx will get you the benefits of the JetBlue card, but if you cancelled before that date you'll still get a card (ostensibly without any benefits).

My understanding is that a preliminary data exchange happened at the start of the year. They're basing all the comms and cards off that, which is why all of us who were cancelled still got cards. They should be doing another exchange between 3/18 and 3/20, which will result in these accounts properly reflecting as closed. Of course, none of the support members know this, so calling now is useless. Just do a search on Twitter for "Jetblue Barclays" or "Jetblue Barclaycard" to see some of their hilarious issues.

I'm not so much worried about my account re-opening as I am about being eligible for a future signup bonus. If the terms currently state the bonus isn't applicable for former cardholders, even if I never had the Barclays jetblue card, they obviously have a record of it in their system.

Such a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.