Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Has anyone noticed that Barclay's is no longer tracking progress towards Mosaic just based on credit card spend? I know it usually takes a little bit into the new year to get it restarted but this feels long. I assume this is related to the changes coming to Mosaic and how credit card spend gets combined with flying, etc, but it's a little frustrating because the new tracking hasn't launched yet on JetBlue, so there is no way to know how far along I am.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:50 pm

Apologies in advance if the answer I'm looking for is splayed all over the B6 forum, hate to be one of those who asks without doing a proper search.
I put $50+k spend on my card Jan 1st 2023, paid it off Jan 5th, statement closed Jan 8th, points showed up on my JetBlue account by Jan 10th.
I'm not keen on sitting tight for 6-8 weeks before becoming Mosaic again. Used to be able to make a call and they'd speed things up.
Anybody have a work around?
Jeez, what a racket - B6 gets the info from Barclay, but they get away with waiting 40+ days before awarding status.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:42 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
From the application form: "If you are not a member, please leave the field blank and a number will be assigned to you."

A family member now has a card and a new account number, which is displayed on the Barclays site. How does she set up online access at jetblue.com? I can't figure it out.

Edit: I phoned jetBlue. The TB account already existed from one trip 6 years ago. It was tied to an old email address. All fixed now.

Last edited by nsx; Jan 20, 2023 at 3:27 pm Reason: FIgured it out
Old Jan 20, 2023, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Data point: Approved for B6 Biz card a few days after I was approved for a Citi personal card. It helps that Citi pulls from EX and Barclays pulls TU. This was my first Barclays biz card and I received no follow up questions regarding the business or revenues.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:52 pm

if i have the amex platinum, and apply for the jetblue plus card, i guess the jetblue plus card at 6x points is a better value, then even the amex plat 5x MR points?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
It's a limited-time inflight-only promotion for the JetBlue Plus card -- 80k SUB and first-year AF waived when you apply through the paper application or the provided link.

-J.
if i apply for this card tonight, do you know the turnaround time for approval? i usually fly the jfk-gye route once or twice a year, so i figure this card can be worth it for only 99 dollar fee a year
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
if i apply for this card tonight, do you know the turnaround time for approval? i usually fly the jfk-gye route once or twice a year, so i figure this card can be worth it for only 99 dollar fee a year
I have never held a Barclays-owned credit card and currently have zero plans to ever do so. My mom got the JB card when it first came out and it has been hacked no fewer than four times. She no longer uses it (so any time it is used, we instantly know it is fraud). She has the free card so there's no point in closing it yet.

If you think the TrueBlue points are worth it (i.e., if you know you can use them over the next x months/years), then go for it -- do what is best for you. I'm expecting a devaluation when the rest of the new program rolls out; that, combined with the potentially upcoming award booking fee (and the loss of the ability to [easily] combine points and Travel Bank) have driven me to work towards burning my points and earning elsewhere. I have not taken a revenue (other than award) or points-earning flight on JetBlue since Q3 2019.

I am probably not a good person to ask about this.

-J.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I have never held a Barclays-owned credit card and currently have zero plans to ever do so. My mom got the JB card when it first came out and it has been hacked no fewer than four times. She no longer uses it (so any time it is used, we instantly know it is fraud). She has the free card so there's no point in closing it yet.

If you think the TrueBlue points are worth it (i.e., if you know you can use them over the next x months/years), then go for it -- do what is best for you. I'm expecting a devaluation when the rest of the new program rolls out; that, combined with the potentially upcoming award booking fee (and the loss of the ability to [easily] combine points and Travel Bank) have driven me to work towards burning my points and earning elsewhere. I have not taken a revenue (other than award) or points-earning flight on JetBlue since Q3 2019.

I am probably not a good person to ask about this.

-J.
oh ok. Was unaware of the possible hacking part. Havenít seen that in any reviews of the card lol. Iím only slightly on the fence because booking with points on the website, and the website itself, can be SUCH a hassle. And thereís always a 50/50 chance at the end when I click book, I get an error message, I donít know which airline website is seamless, so maybe I should focus on that more, so when itís time to book itís more fun then it is work
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:15 pm

I continue to get emails offering bonus points with X amount spending in each of Feb., March, and April even when February is over and there's no way I can qualify.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL AMEX Plat, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Applied 5 days ago, still no card

I applied for the JetBlue plus card so I can get free luggage for me and my family for a trip I would fly JetBlue for in mid-May. It is now 5 days later and I still havenít received my new card. I was instantly approved by the way.

How many days does it take before you receive your new credit card? Iím afraid that the closer we get to the fdeparture date the flights get more expensive.

Or is there a way to get a temporary credit card number so you can use the credit account already without having the physical card yet?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 1:20 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You get the free bag no matter why card you use to buy the ticket. The website knows that you have the JetBlue card and it will show you the one free bag when you go through the purchase process. So buy the ticket now. It also works on points tickets.
Originally Posted by robert4travels
I applied for the JetBlue plus card so I can get free luggage for me and my family for a trip I would fly JetBlue for in mid-May. It is now 5 days later and I still havenít received my new card. I was instantly approved by the way.

How many days does it take before you receive your new credit card? Iím afraid that the closer we get to the fdeparture date the flights get more expensive.

Or is there a way to get a temporary credit card number so you can use the credit account already without having the physical card yet?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
You get the free bag no matter why card you use to buy the ticket. The website knows that you have the JetBlue card and it will show you the one free bag when you go through the purchase process. So buy the ticket now. It also works on points tickets.
Thanks! I did just that and it worked. I thought you also need the JetBlue credit card to book the flight with to get the free bag benefit. I'm new to JetBlue.
nsx likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:06 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Other airlines differ. United does not give you the free bag unless you pay with their card. Even the $5.60 fee is enough.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by robert4travels
Thanks! I did just that and it worked. I thought you also need the JetBlue credit card to book the flight with to get the free bag benefit. I'm new to JetBlue.
I also got a note from Barclays customer care that I can switch the charge from booking the flight from my other credit card to my new JetBlue card once I got it. And that is what I did, as I received my new card now and I want the extra points for (hopefully) future award travel.
Old May 1, 2023, 6:30 am

I have a European vacation for 2 weeks in May. I got a Barclays JetBlue Plus card which gives you 60,000 points if you spend $1000 in the first 90 days and pay off the card plus the $99 fee. I book the flight no problem for around $990. I attempted to reserve a hotel at the CitizenM chain in both Paris and London. The card was rejected I got the message Authentication Failed! Your delivery channels for delivering the verification code are not updated with us. This card cannot be currently used at participating online stores. You must call Customer Service and have your delivery channels updated before using the card at a participating online merchant. I called Barclays JetBlue Mastercard Customer Service and all they could tell me was the purchase didn't go through. I used my AMEX card to hold the reservation and it worked no problem. I thought it was a one time situation but meanwhile it cost me 3000 points. This morning I tried to reserve a Eurostar train ticket for $284. Same problem. It has the Barclays bank symbol and next to it says Mastercard ID Check. I call JetBlue CS again. This time to the security department. He tells me that all European transactions use what's called 3D security and the bank and online concern are not processing the code. I told him these are two different large companies. Each time my card is rejected I am not going to be able to get airline mile points. This card is basically worthless to me in Europe. Any online transactions be it a museum reservation, a show in London will be turned down. The card works fine in the US at merchant outlets. JetBlue offered to compensate me for lost points by the card being rejected but this a huge disappointment. I got the card knowing that I would get a free airline trip out because the airline ticket was going to cost around $1000 and hope to use the card for all my European reservations and purchases to accumulate a lot of mileage points. Anyone else having this problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.