Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old May 25, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Received a targeted offer on my plus card for extra 5x on top of regular earning. Seems nice for $2K a month spend.

If you receive this offer and enroll by 5/25/2021, you will earn an additional 5 points for every $1 spent on grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases, less credits, returns and adjustments ("Net Purchases") with transaction dates between 5/15/2021 and 7/31/2021 up to 10,000 points each month of the promotion.
Yeah, I got a slightly different offer--same 5 extra points, same dates, same grocery, drug and restaurant, up to 20,000 bonus points total(so up to $4,000 in purchases), with an additional 20,000 point bonus if purchases exceed $3,000. It's not as good as the offer I got last year because of the category restrictions, but over $3000(hello, gift card purchases!), that's 35,000 extra miles on top of the 6,000 earned(if it is just grocery store/restaurant purchases). The only thing a little odd about it is that drug stores are not typically a 2x bonus category, but whatever, they can incentivize whatever behavior they want.

That said, unless I go the gift card route, it's going to be hard for me to spend $3,000 on those categories in that timeframe, but given that $3000 = 41,000 miles, 13.7 miles per dollar, that's a pretty strong incentive.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:16 pm

I wish B6 would look at its credit card offerings. The free checked bag means little to me as well as savings a few bucks off an overpriced cheese plate in the sky. I would much more value an early boarding position and an even more space upgrade opportunity.

With all airlines offering high end credit cards +$200 annual fee (even Southwest), not sure why JetBlue and Barclays doesn't do this with better benefits that a business/frequent travel would use. The points earning rates outside of JetBlue ticket purchase need to be looked at also since they are not competitive with other credit card issuers such as Chase.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 4:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
JetBlue/Barclays Agreement Extended

Earlier this year it was reported that JetBlue was shopping around the Barclays contract (even though it still has a few years left), but it was reported today that they have come to an agreement on an extension. The PR hints at some possible new benefits in time- will be interesting to see if there are any changes. Personally, Id love to see a 3x points bonus category for dining.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...and-Mastercard
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: Free agent
I downgraded when they left AMEX. The service from Barclays is laughably bad and the higher end card is outclassed by every offering from other FF card programs.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I downgraded when they left AMEX. The service from Barclays is laughably bad and the higher end card is outclassed by every offering from other FF card programs.
I closed my Amex a few weeks before the transition and ended up never opening a card with Barclays. My mother has the free card and with all the issues it has brought (been hacked four times, missing points, etc.) she regrets it and no longer uses it for anything outside of JetBlue.

-J.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I closed my Amex a few weeks before the transition and ended up never opening a card with Barclays. My mother has the free card and with all the issues it has brought (been hacked four times, missing points, etc.) she regrets it and no longer uses it for anything outside of JetBlue.

-J.
Barclays is the only card provider I've had issues with, security-wise, since having opened my first account 20 years ago.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
Originally Posted by dgross
Yes. The second 50,000 points hit 60 days after the first 50,000 points.
Did you mean the second 50K was posted 60 days after the spend requirement was met or 60 days after the first 50K points were posted? I have met the $6K requirement as of 16th July, but still not seen the second 50K.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Any more DP on 2nd 50k posting? Statement closed on my $6k spend 45 days ago and 2nd 50k pta still not posted.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:19 am

I am missing both bonus points and points for regular purchases for the last month or so on the old site before the transition. I crossed the $6k threshold about a month ago.

Folks on DOC that had this problem a few months ago saw the bonus post on the statement after the statement on which they earned it. But this website transition and missing purchase points makes me worry that this is going to be more than just waiting and will require intervention.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:56 am

Please note that automatic payments are not posting for the first month, even if you re-enrolled and your last statement said you were enrolled in auto-pay. You have to make a manual payment.

I noticed this after my automatic payment did not withdraw on my due date yesterday. I was told I would not get a late fee for this glitch/delay.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Barclays Botches Sign Up Bonus

So, I sign up for the Barclay's Jet Blue credit card to get 60k sign up bonus after a) paying the annual fee and b), charging $1,000 both in the first 90 days. I liked the tracker they had on the website that showed progress to each goal; very nifty. However, after paying the annual fee, the tracker still showed a lock icon and said "not met". So I emailed customer service; the first two responses were cut and paste about the program overall and had nothing to do with my query (note to CSRs out there; please actually read the question before responding). Finally, the 3rd response was along the lines of "yeah, you've paid the annual fee; relax it'll be fine". Fast forward 4 or so weeks and I've hit the $1k spend goal and that shows "achieved" in the online tracker, but the annual fee is still showing locked. Response from CSR was "yep, you hit both goals, you'll see your points within 4-6 weeks". Finally, the 90 day period ends and I see "you did not achieve the goals; you did not earn a bonus". So another email and they reply telling me that they've opened a case and I should get my sign up bonus within 30 days.

Beside just ranting, I cannot fathom a way that their system didn't register the fact that I paid the annual fee. I also assume that whatever the problem was wasn't just isolated to me. Any thoughts?

Last edited by bosman; Sep 19, 2021 at 7:11 am Reason: clarification
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by knicknut
Please note that automatic payments are not posting for the first month, even if you re-enrolled and your last statement said you were enrolled in auto-pay. You have to make a manual payment.

I noticed this after my automatic payment did not withdraw on my due date yesterday. I was told I would not get a late fee for this glitch/delay.
I just received finance charges for this glitch. Can't wait to see the delinquency/late payment on my credit report as well . Keep an eye on your accounts, everyone. Doesn't make me want to use this card longer-term.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
I spent the $1k pretty much immediately but I think the annual fee took about one billing cycle to post, then I made a payment to cover it, and then bonus points came in about another month. I don't remember watching the tracker on the Barclays website.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
I had a similar experience last year. I made the "mistake" of paying the annual fee prior to it being charged to the account. In short their system did not recognize it and I needed up having to charge another amount at least equal to the annual fee. Lesson learned but it was more than a little annoying.
bosman likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I had a similar experience last year. I made the "mistake" of paying the annual fee prior to it being charged to the account. In short their system did not recognize it and I needed up having to charge another amount at least equal to the annual fee. Lesson learned but it was more than a little annoying.
Thanks for the data point. In my case, I didn't prepay the annual fee; I simply paid it as part of my first statement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.