Wiki Posts
Search

holiday fare drop possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
holiday fare drop possible?

I need to get a one way flight SJU-DCA on Jan 3. All flights are about $700+. Looking at the seat maps, it appears that most on Jet Blue have a LOT of empty seats. Other airlines appear to be more full. Does Jet Blue drop prices closer to the date of travel?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: Free agent
Occasionally, yes. That time of year is usually inflated early on because they expect to fill the seats at any price level.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by budblab
I need to get a one way flight SJU-DCA on Jan 3. All flights are about $700+. Looking at the seat maps, it appears that most on Jet Blue have a LOT of empty seats. Other airlines appear to be more full. Does Jet Blue drop prices closer to the date of travel?
January 3rd is the first Sunday after New Years'. One of the busiest days of the year. You are looking for a unicorn if you think fares will drop.
Besides, seat maps do not tell you the entire story. Plane might as well be sold out but people not yet picked their seats.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Oct 19, 2015 at 1:30 pm
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Not that it'll be much consolation, but I was booking a trip, BOS-MCO-SJU-BOS, back in March of this year when the calendar only went out to January 4th. I was only able to book the first leg (BOS-MCO) at the time and I was trying to estimate how much it would cost for the other legs and the prices BACK IN MARCH were outlandish for that weekend.

Fortunately, when the calendar was extended, the dates I *actually* wanted for travelling to San Juan and then back to Boston were much more reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.