Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Any JetBlue Reservations Employees Here?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I was just offered a position as a work-from-home reservations crew member with JetBlue and training starts in two weeks. I'm really excited! I do have some questions though, which will probably be covered in orientation/training... but I am going to put two weeks' notice in at my current full-time job and would like some assurances before I bite the bullet. So, if you are (or were) a reservations agent, I'd love to hear from you!

1. I have to get my own dedicated phone line installed at some point. I already have what I think is an internet-based land line through Comcast as part of our internet service, but I won't be able to use it for work because it is a family phone line that people use often for calling. How much did you/do you pay per month for your dedicated line? Is there anything I need to be aware of when choosing a provider? Or will Comcast do?

2. During the interview, the JetBlue presenter showed us a bunch of sample schedules for shifts we could end up with after our first shift bid. I didn't notice any that were graveyard/swing, they all pretty much seemed to be between 6am-12pm... but aren't reservation agents available 24/7?

3. OK, how exactly do flight benefits work? Are all flights standby, or do you get non-standby benefits/discounts? If the benefit is limited to standby, is there an easy way to check flights so you know when you have a pretty solid chance of flying out? The presenter told us we might need to fly to a different airport (we are in SLC and he said flights are typically full) and then catch a flight... but is there any discount/benefit associated with catching the initial flight to a different location?

Anyway, I'm really excited to start with JetBlue!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by escapeartist
I do have some questions though, which will probably be covered in orientation/training... but I am going to put two weeks' notice in at my current full-time job and would like some assurances before I bite the bullet.
I strongly suggest that you get your questions answered before you quit your current job. That's particularly true with regards to your question regarding shift schedules.

Questions about shifts should be directed to the JetBlue HR department. Why ask an employee (or a former employee) something when you can get information directly from the company? Asking for specifics about potential shifts is a very reasonable question.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response! The shift question/flight benefit question aren't actually deal breakers. I'm honestly more concerned that I'll wind up paying 1/4 of my income on a phone bill -- do you have any info about that, by chance?

I am calling Comcast tomorrow but I'd sure like some info from a past/current agent on that issue so I have warning about potential technology snafus/terrible or incompatible providers.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:14 pm

Sorry, no clue on that. I'd also imagine that the price might vary based on city/region.

I did used to work for Disney World I one of their call centers. We had some work-at-home agents. Everything they needed at home was provided and paid for by the company. However, that was 10 years ago. Technology has changed significantly since then.

I just re-read your first post. With regard to 24/7 operations, I'd guess that there are fewer (or no) supervisors working during the graveyard shift. So, they don't want new agents working during that time period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.