Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue and TSA Pre - Every Other Flight

Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (2x Concorde-ian),AA EXP; HHonors Diamond,Marriott Plat,Starwood Plat

Is it normal that for the last two years only 50% of my JetBlue checkins result in TSA Pre designation (every other booked r/t ticket)? This also happens on consecutive r/t tickets when traveling with my daughter (she is cleared for TSA Pre). I book my tickets via the jetblue app or their site and my known traveler number is part of my profile.

I'm wondering if JetBlue is trying to promote their paid alternative by not allowing TSA Pre cleared passengers to consistently enjoy faster security checks unless they pay extra for MoreSpeed.

For comparison, flying on AA, DL, and UA always gets me TSA Pre cleared.

Last edited by solarprobe; Sep 15, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: Punctuation
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, Miles & More Silver, MileagePlus Silver, MarcoPolo Silver, HHonors Gold
Never had this happen. Flying mainly out of BOS and SFO, but many other airports. My boarding pass almost always has TSA-Pre on it, and if for some reason it isn't there, I just check with the check-in agent and they reprint a new pass with the TSA-Pre stamp. Maybe it helps that I'm also Mosaic, because I've been Mosaic longer than I've been TSA-Pre.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (2x Concorde-ian),AA EXP; HHonors Diamond,Marriott Plat,Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by bluesmoon
Never had this happen. Flying mainly out of BOS and SFO, but many other airports. My boarding pass almost always has TSA-Pre on it, and if for some reason it isn't there, I just check with the check-in agent and they reprint a new pass with the TSA-Pre stamp. Maybe it helps that I'm also Mosaic, because I've been Mosaic longer than I've been TSA-Pre.
Interesting and useful information! Even when I ask an agent to reprint my boarding pass (and they validate the correct KT# is in the system), there is no TSA Pre stamp on it. Most of my outbound flights are out of BOS, too... not a Mosaic member, though.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you have a KTN entered and the name associated with the KTN matches letter-for-letter with the name under which you are ticketed, you should be seeing Pre-Check close to 100% of the time.

There are still some very limited exceptions for purposes of randomness, but they are few and far between.

Mosaic has zippo to do with KTN, but the name under which you book does.

Make sure that there isn't an errant period or space somewhere.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I've never gotten Pre on my BP, but I have been waved into the Pre line at BOS a few times, and have gotten the not-so-random Pre card at LAX twice (where they will simply hand them to anyone traveling alone to get the line moving)
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:25 am

I have my KTN in my Trueblue and travel booking system profile. I fly a lot and I always get the TSA Pre designation on my boarding pass.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:47 pm

Try signing up for Global Entry -- supposedly that will ensure 100% TSA Prechek, at least when flying on airlines that offer it (the cheaper ones, like Frontier, apparently don't have it).
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Try signing up for Global Entry -- supposedly that will ensure 100% TSA Prechek, at least when flying on airlines that offer it (the cheaper ones, like Frontier, apparently don't have it).
Not if there is a name mismatch. As mentioned, any period, space, comma, out of place will reject the precheck. Using a middle initial instead of a name will fail.

Everything between the GOES system and the JetBlue reservation must match exactly.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
We just had a random "Pre Check" show up on our return flight to Boston from San Diego. My wife and I had no idea why THIS time it showed up. We've been flying JetBlue exclusively on domestic flights for some time now. Maybe they figured out I'm a DoD civilian.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:22 am

Frontier

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
prior to getting global entry, 100% of the time I was given TSA precheck which really helps at airport such at PHL and McCarran. However, recently booked on Frontier and because of the long lines at PHL I almost missed my flight. So even though they had my KT # I was not given TSA precheck. Will stick to major airlines from now on.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by carnivaltime
However, recently booked on Frontier and because of the long lines at PHL I almost missed my flight. So even though they had my KT # I was not given TSA precheck.
Frontier does not participate in the program.

The following airlines offer TSA Pre✓®:

Air Canada
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
Hawaiian Airlines
JetBlue Airways
OneJet
Southwest Airlines
Sun Country
US Airways
United Airlines
Virgin America
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck
:-:
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I have Global Entry and always have Pre-Check. In fact, I just got back from a trip with my hubby and he had it both ways too. I was shocked as prior trips he did not have it.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Another data point: I have Global Entry but I don't use that number for my KTN. Since I am a uniformed servicemember (military) I use the DOD ID number on the back of my ID card. This serves as the KTN as long as it's applied to the plane tickets, more info here: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/news.cfm?ID=18. As a result, I get PreCheck 100% of the time.

There are stories of folks who misplaced a dash or transposed a letter in their name, and don't get PreCheck. Mrs. AD, who uses her global entry number, fails to get PreCheck once in a while (roughly 1/5 flights).

-AD
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
It's worth noting that for non-trusted travelers free TSAPRECHK has ended.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It's worth noting that for non-trusted travelers free TSAPRECHK has ended.
That explains why my streak of pre check showing up on my boarding pass ended on Saturday after being pre-checked on about 15 straight flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.