Search

26 Mosaics Onboard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:43 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
26 Mosaics Onboard

Flew an E190 out of White Plains (HPN) to West Palm (PBI) this morning. The pre-board was huge. The F/A told me they had 26 Mosaic members on the flight. That's roughly 1 out of 4 passengers. Quite remarkable, considering it was the day after Thanksgiving, on what is largely a leisure route.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:45 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by deelmakur
Flew an E190 out of White Plains (HPN) to West Palm (PBI) this morning. The pre-board was huge. The F/A told me they had 26 Mosaic members on the flight. That's roughly 1 out of 4 passengers. Quite remarkable, considering it was the day after Thanksgiving, on what is largely a leisure route.
So much for a comp upgrade to EMS.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:14 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Wow, I've yet to be on a flight with more than 4. (The relatively few number of Mosaics compared to large numbers of status members on other airlines on routes I fly has been one of the major points of value for me - plus lots of comp upgrades to EMS!)
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

It would appear they have hit the mother load at White Plains. From no nonstop service to Florida from HPN, they now have 4 daily (including an A320) nonstops to PBI, 2 to Ft. Lauderdale, several to Orlando, as well as services to Ft. Myers and Tampa. And this just 45 minutes from the main hub at JFK. It would appear, in the spirit of "if you build it they will come", they have created a commuter business for folks with second homes.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:01 pm

It would appear they have hit the mother load at White Plains. From no nonstop service to Florida from HPN, they now have 4 daily (including an A320) nonstops to PBI, 2 to Ft. Lauderdale, several to Orlando, as well as services to Ft. Myers and Tampa. And this just 45 minutes from the main hub at JFK. It would appear, in the spirit of "if you build it they will come", they have created a commuter business for folks with second homes.
HPN is a very high yielding airport. If they could get more slots, I bet JetBlue would. Those HPN-PBI routes are highly profitable. It captures all of the people in westchester and Connecticut that have second homes in west palm beach. Which is a huge number.

I guess the good news for JetBlue is that they are increasingly capturing high yielding finance types to their ff program.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

It still seems a statistical improbability. Many of the passengers knew each other, and referenced an upscale gated community in Boca in their conversations. With the primary benefits of Mosaic being economic (no change fees, etc.), is it possible they are cutting bulk deals, the way cable companies do with Florida resort communities? JetBlue can be creative. A few years ago, they bid on, and won, a government bulk deal to fly employees and contractors to the middle east. They don't fly there, but they codeshare with Emirates, which is what people actually travel on.(I'm not going near that one on a public forum).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
HPN is much more conviented to get to then JFK or LGA. I would pay an extra 50$ for the convienence. I would not pay 300$ per person for HPN over LGA/JFK. However other people are willing to pay for the convenience so I am glad to see B6 have these flights.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:55 pm

How do you receive comp even more space seats?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
It still seems a statistical improbability. Many of the passengers knew each other, and referenced an upscale gated community in Boca in their conversations. With the primary benefits of Mosaic being economic (no change fees, etc.), is it possible they are cutting bulk deals, the way cable companies do with Florida resort communities? JetBlue can be creative. A few years ago, they bid on, and won, a government bulk deal to fly employees and contractors to the middle east. They don't fly there, but they codeshare with Emirates, which is what people actually travel on.(I'm not going near that one on a public forum).
I believe they've been comping Mosaic to employees of certain companies as part of corporate contracts. Not sure if that's what you mean.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Jballgame
How do you receive comp even more space seats?
Often given to mosaics at the airport if available
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:17 pm

Thanks, never thought of asking. But I will ask next week
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It's not a published benefit. Most GAs will do it because they're encouraged to "take care of Mosaic customers" and can justify it as such when waiving the fee. (all fee waivers are reviewed by the airline)
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've seen it offered by the flight crew as well.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:34 pm

I think there were more than 26 on the flight I was on last night (HPN-PBI @ 3:30p).
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by ryw
Wow, I've yet to be on a flight with more than 4. (The relatively few number of Mosaics compared to large numbers of status members on other airlines on routes I fly has been one of the major points of value for me - plus lots of comp upgrades to EMS!)
I wonder how that's changing with the ease of earning Mosaic through the credit card.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.