jetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic

Old Nov 28, 17, 3:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
As someone who is oh so close to mosaic for 2018 but will fall a few segments / points short due to poor planning on my end...is the below still a valid path to “earning” enough points to gain Mosaic status for the next year?

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/buy...atus-for-2017/
Old Nov 30, 17, 12:57 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Who knows? I don't think they've offered that promo before this year, and it's anyone's guess as to whether they'd offer it again this year.
Old Dec 1, 17, 7:41 am

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sallycat View Post
As someone who is oh so close to mosaic for 2018 but will fall a few segments / points short due to poor planning on my end...is the below still a valid path to “earning” enough points to gain Mosaic status for the next year?

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/buy...atus-for-2017/
what do you mean by valid? yes, it will work, but it's value is questionable if you don't fly enough to qualify already.
Old Dec 1, 17, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by amonisis View Post
what do you mean by valid? yes, it will work, but it's value is questionable if you don't fly enough to qualify already.
The question is whether Jetblue will be making a similar offer to buy status points this year
Old Dec 4, 17, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by amonisis View Post
I'll end up at ~14,500 points and 28 segments, so I think the incremental cost to push me over the edge would be well worth it... but I guess this is a moot point since we don't know if it's going to be offered this year.
Old Dec 4, 17, 3:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
Originally Posted by Sallycat View Post
I'll end up at ~14,500 points and 28 segments, so I think the incremental cost to push me over the edge would be well worth it... but I guess this is a moot point since we don't know if it's going to be offered this year.
I wasn't sure if I was going to make Mosaic this year, so asked about this a few months ago, and they said "check your email in December". Pretty non-committal, but sounds like they would do it again. As I made it on points anyway, I haven't bothered to ask again lately.

That said, since you're at 28 segments, depending on where you live, it might make sense to do a quick run. If you're on the west coast, there's sometimes $37 one-way fares from LGB. That would be cheaper and more certain than the $110 to buy 500 points, assuming the rate would be the same this year if offered again. Not sure if there's any similar values on the East coast.
Old Dec 7, 17, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, D23 Charter Member, Southwest A-LIst, JetBlue Mosaic
With 28 segments, I would most definitely find a cheap round trip somewhere. Look for stuff to/from focus cities like JFK, BOS, LGB, MCO, etc. Those tend to be cheaper on slow travel days.
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:26 pm

@BbTrumpet and @RWPrincess - definitely the play. I have a ton of vacation time to burn, (albeit with a super limited schedule of course) so am aiming for a few certain dates - will report back if I am successful!
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 9, 17, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Got my new Mosaic card and luggage tags today. They're still printing the trueblue number on the luggage tags. I wish they would print just my name
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 11, 17, 8:22 am

The promotion is back:

https://buy.points.com/marketing/pur...=JETBLUEMOSAIC