FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   BDL-DCA $34 each way (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1665710-bdl-dca-34-each-way.html)

Robl Mar 23, 2015 7:36 pm

BDL-DCA $34 each way

I'm flying to DCA on business and my travel agent was shocked to find fares of $34 each way in June. A quick search shows this is widely available for most dates. I've never flown JetBlue before but I must say I'll now be checking their prices for my leisure flights!

MileageAddict Mar 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Jetblue has been offering DCA-BDL at $34 each way for months now....at least since December 2014 that I am aware of. Good job on making it work for you. I have an upcoming weekend in Vermont planned thanks to the same promo.

CHOPCHOP767 Mar 25, 2015 7:11 am

I guess the fare must work for B6, but I'm surprised that it's lasted this long considering US has about five n/s daily between BDL and DCA and the tickets never price that low on US. I mention this because B6 seems to match US' pricing to BOS, but don't for BDL. Moreover, with the slot restrictions, I would think that they could find a more profitable route out of DCA, but I guess they're happy with the yields. I've flirted with the idea of taking this flight, but it's just too far to drive from the Boston suburbs. Still, it would be nice to pay 1/5 to 1/10 of BOS' pricing.

Glad the flights work for you! If you're Florida bound, B6 offers some great prices from both BDL and ORH; at least when compared with BOS.

FLIHGH Mar 25, 2015 2:08 pm

They're even upgauging to double daily 320 soon. They must be killing it...somehow.

CHOPCHOP767 Mar 26, 2015 5:33 am

Wow; pretty impressive. I guess it is working for them. Do you know if the aircraft and crew do a turn in DCA or BDL and go right back? I ask because I thought one of these flights originated in either FLL or MCO, maybe even JAX, which would mean they also might be running a 320 on one of the Florida flights with this schedule change. E190s are a great way to go and I'm hoping that they're not swapped for a 320 on my Florida flights ex-DCA.

Robl Mar 26, 2015 11:36 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767 (Post 24567292)
Wow; pretty impressive. I guess it is working for them. Do you know if the aircraft and crew do a turn in DCA or BDL and go right back? I ask because I thought one of these flights originated in either FLL or MCO, maybe even JAX, which would mean they also might be running a 320 on one of the Florida flights with this schedule change. E190s are a great way to go and I'm hoping that they're not swapped for a 320 on my Florida flights ex-DCA.

If you look at the schedules yes they make a turn and go right back. 1 hour after DCA morning arrival the flight goes back to BDL. And 1 hour after the morning BDL arrival its back to DCA. All on E190s.

CHOPCHOP767 Mar 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, Robl.

As an aside, it really would be helpful if B6 added an inbound flight tracking feature to the app/website because not all of the aircraft do turns from places like DCA/BDL, not to mention BOS/JFK, and it's a pain to try to figure out where the plane is coming from by attempting to match gates with arrival/departure times. Especially during the afternoon rush, it seems like the turnaround time at DCA is always tight. Every week, arriving at the gate five minutes before boarding only to see an empty jet-bridge gets old quickly.

airplanegod Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Too bad all their flights from BDL aren't $34. Then again, they'd be out of business in a couple of months if they did that...

vatraveler Mar 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Fares went up a little this afternoon. I'm seeing $72 roundtrip as the lowest for June now. Still an incredible deal.

Robl Apr 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Now its down to $29 each way. How on earth can they make a profit on this??

Brattflyer Apr 29, 2015 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 24736386)
Now its down to $29 each way. How on earth can they make a profit on this??

I am buying my tickets 2 weeks out, evening departure, evening return. I have yet (in the last couple of months) to find a RT under $300. If there are actually $29 tickets there are probably only a couple on each flight. Even at this price the flight times work for me in a way that US doesn't.

FLIHGH Apr 29, 2015 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Brattflyer (Post 24739058)
I am buying my tickets 2 weeks out, evening departure, evening return. I have yet (in the last couple of months) to find a RT under $300. If there are actually $29 tickets there are probably only a couple on each flight. Even at this price the flight times work for me in a way that US doesn't.

There are flights 2 weeks out at $29 ow.

Brattflyer Apr 29, 2015 11:27 am

Originally Posted by FLIHGH (Post 24739278)
There are flights 2 weeks out at $29 ow.

Not on the evening departures I need. I just priced three weeks out and the cheapest evening flight was $289 RT.

FLIHGH Apr 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Brattflyer (Post 24739721)
Not on the evening departures I need. I just priced three weeks out and the cheapest evening flight was $289 RT.

Gotcha....hey, at least you found a RT for under $300 ;)

Robl Apr 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brattflyer (Post 24739721)

In June I'm going BDL-DCA on B6 and returning in the evening on AA. AA has a direct flight at 11 PM for $84 one way DCA-BDL.