Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue Even More Speed JFK Value?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I am flying out of JFK on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/29/14) and was wondering if Even More Speed would be worth spending the extra money for. I am flying out on the evening. I am sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I am a flyertalk noob.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Even more speed

Originally Posted by randkp1234
I am flying out of JFK on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/29/14) and was wondering if Even More Speed would be worth spending the extra money for. I am flying out on the evening. I am sorry if this is not the correct place to post this, I am a flyertalk noob.
How early are you getting to the airport? If you always seem to run late then I would get even more speed. I would see how much Even More space seats are going for. If the Even More Space seats cost 25$ and Even More speed if 15$ then I would go for Even More space and enjoy those benefits as well. The even more speed prices were raised to 15$ from 10$ recently .
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

I generally get to airports on time, but due to the holiday I was thinking maybe there might be some extra delays. The Even more space is $35 extra, the speed is only $10. Also, do people with even more speed receive early boarding, or is that just even more space? Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Just EMSpace gets early boarding. EMSpeed is just for the security line.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
OP, are you doing carry-on or checking luggage for your flight? Jetblue @JFK is also doing TSA Pre-check "randomly" so Even More Speed might not be necessary, depending on how early you get to T5 (Terminal 5) at JFK which is generally not as busy on a Saturday (even for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday) - it is, however, their major hub & we always look ahead at the weather "goddness" by 2 to 4 days as we get ready to do OLCI (Online Checkin) to decide on our options.
Fog (thick, soup-like with 1/4 mile visibility) was a factor this morning as I dropped someone else off at the airport & it doesn't have to be snow, rain or a major blizzard.
Security lanes at JFK's T4 are marked & there's uniformed staff & TSA folks checking your mobile/BP to send you onward - and do your bag drops first. If you are "stranded" in the longest & slowest lane with non-speed, non Pre-Check pax - it could take you 15+ to 30 minutes to get thru, so if you flight is boarding & close to departure time, yell out to someone from JetBlue to help so that they can (sometimes) rush you thru. We saw that happened 2 weeks ago flying out of JFK.
If you are doing just carryon luggage, there is a good possibility that if you board late & are the last zone/group to board the aircraft, that all the available overhead bin space for full-sized ++ luggage are gone/taken up already, and FA will be gate-checking your bags at the jetbridge. So, be prepared with a small personal bag (or one that you can unpack quickly or unzip) with all your vital gears, medications & essentials - that can fit underneath the seat in front of you. Generally, they board non-Mint (business/first class) and non-EMSpace max starting from the rear of the aircraft, so rows 26+ or 20+ on the A320's or A321's would have better access to the limited OHB space (as there is simply not enough room for 120+ spinners & rollers on the plane, and, some are loaded sideway while others taking on musical instrument cases are placed above, along with smaller bags that could've gone under the seat.
BTW, welcome to FT's.

Last edited by Letitride3c; Nov 16, 2014 at 2:48 pm Reason: Jetblue is T5, corrected - T4 is Delta that we also flied in/out of
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
FYI--jetblue is in Terminal 5--not 4. If you go to 4, you will definitely need even more speed to get over to 5
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:38 pm

We had Even More Speed on a Saturday afternoon flight out of JFK a couple of weeks ago and it saved us two minutes at the most.

You never know how long the lines are going to be though.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
If you are checking a bag, I would wait until I got to the airport. If the security line is long I would buy it at the bag drop, if the line is short, you just saved $15.

If you aren't checking a bag, I would look at the line then add EMS at the check in kiosk if needed.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by majortom421
We had Even More Speed on a Saturday afternoon flight out of JFK a couple of weeks ago and it saved us two minutes at the most.

You never know how long the lines are going to be though.
Are there dedicated screening lines at T5 JFK, or just expedited boarding pass/id check?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by randkp1234
Are there dedicated screening lines at T5 JFK, or just expedited boarding pass/id check?
PreCheck line is dedicated, but EMS and non-EMS lanes merge at the BP/ID Check for screening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.