Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Is there any benefit to stockpiling points?

Old Oct 26, 14, 7:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold

New to JetBlue mileage and have racked up some points and am debating using them for an upcoming trip. My question... is there any sort of multiplier effect for TrueBlue points or do they always have a basically fixed rate of return? In other words, do I basically pay the same (in points) for 2 tickets that cost $200 each as I would for one ticket that costs $400?
Old Oct 26, 14, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Odds are you'll do better buying a pair of $200 flights than one $400 ticket. Also, international redemptions do slightly better than domestic ones because of the way the taxes are calculated. I did a decent bit of analysis on TrueBlue point values not too long ago.

There are, as always, outliers to the trends. But that's what I was able to collect as data.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Oct 26, 14, 8:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Looks like the returns are pretty limited so think I'll just burn them on the cheap tickets.
Old Oct 27, 14, 12:29 am

I am awestruck.

Your regression analysis is, in a word, outstanding.

I had wandered over to your website before, but I somehow missed this.

One of the best things I have seen on FT or anywhere else this year.
Old Oct 27, 14, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks. I'd still like a few more data points before saying that it is a solid pattern but I only have so much patience to run those queries and plot the results.
Old Oct 27, 14, 7:34 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Something of note, as well-- every few months or so they have a sale where you get xx% off when booking with TrueBlue points..so a 10,000 point flight booked during this sale would only cost 7,500, or whatever the discount is.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: