Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JFK-OAK scheduled diversion to SLC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

My flight this afternoon (B6 #167) from JFK-OAK is now scheduled to divert to SLC before continuing on to OAK. This was announced 2+ hours before the flight even leaves JFK. I've never seen a planned diversion like that before. Any idea what that could be about? Extra cargo? Can't load a full load of fuel?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
It has to be for fuel, I'm sure the flight crew will keep you updated.

Maybe the strong winter winds have started early
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Typically unusually strong winds mean more than maximum fuel is likely needed, particularly if its a full flight which will burn more fuel.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
We have been seeing this a little more frequently out of Boston on the BOS-SJC flight. Winds have been abnormally strong for this time of the year so the flights have been stopping in SLC for fuel. More recently the problem had been with Chicago ARTCC being closed so we'd have to route around their airspace which has been adding flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.