Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Pilot Arrested for Heroin in Boston

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...ifL/story.html

A JetBlue commercial pilot from Florida was among six people arrested Sunday during an investigation into drug dealing near the Boston Common, Boston police said.

Police said that around 5:45 p.m., officers spotted what they believed to be drug transactions and focused their attention on people moving in and out of an alley near 75 Boylston St., according to Officer Neva Coakley, a department spokeswoman.

John Manwaring, 42, who listed his home as Maitland, Fla., was arrested on a charge of possession of heroin, police said. He told police that he was a pilot for JetBlue who arrived in the city around noon Sunday, according to a police report. It wasn’t clear whether he had flown in.

According to Federal Aviation Administration records, only one person named John Manwaring is a commercial airline pilot. In FAA records, he is identified as John K. Manwaring II, who is licensed to pilot regional jets such as the Embraer E-190.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended

I don't like Jetblue anymore and I wouldn't fly on them. The business model was a lot better in the old days when David Neeleman was at the helm.

From crazy flight attendants to media blackouts of news in the case of a pilot that was kicked out of the cockpit and a pilot on Heroin and so on, I don't see anything good about Jetblue. Sure I have flown on them in the past but service and management standards have gone downhill. Even the fact they lied about this jewish lady who happens to practice as a doctor in my area who would never lie and she gets kicked out. I wish jetblue would go out of business and lose all their aircraft slots and another carrier take their place. I will never fly on them. It is a truly evil company now with horrible board of directors.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by adamj023
I don't like Jetblue anymore and I wouldn't fly on them. The business model was a lot better in the old days when David Neeleman was at the helm.

From crazy flight attendants to media blackouts of news in the case of a pilot that was kicked out of the cockpit and a pilot on Heroin and so on, I don't see anything good about Jetblue. Sure I have flown on them in the past but service and management standards have gone downhill. Even the fact they lied about this jewish lady who happens to practice as a doctor in my area who would never lie and she gets kicked out. I wish jetblue would go out of business and lose all their aircraft slots and another carrier take their place. I will never fly on them. It is a truly evil company now with horrible board of directors.
Me either. I will never fly on Jetblue. I dislike it at all. It was so terrible flight and ours flight was delayed. Due to New York Traffic Control.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:44 pm

we can all feel nice and safe that individuals like this can use the known crewmember system to get through sterile areas of airports without any kind of search...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Not to pile on, but I found jetBlue to be a fleet of cattle cars with small TV screens in the seatbacks. I could never get a good seat assignment, despite buying 2-3 weeks in advance. They fly a route I fly, Washington (IAD)-OAK, but I would rather connect on Delta than fly them non-stop.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ND76
Not to pile on, but I found jetBlue to be a fleet of cattle cars with small TV screens in the seatbacks. I could never get a good seat assignment, despite buying 2-3 weeks in advance. They fly a route I fly, Washington (IAD)-OAK, but I would rather connect on Delta than fly them non-stop.
Well, there's your problem. IAD-OAK was dropped, anyways.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:23 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by adamj023

that's not quite how it happened, but we know what you are and we know better than to listen to you.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
that's not quite how it happened, but we know what you are and we know better than to listen to you.
This is just a public message board where the average person doesn't have a clue. What do you expect.

Last edited by adamj023; Jul 21, 2014 at 5:05 pm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
John Manwaring pleaded not guilty to the heroine possession charge. The married pilot claims he was on the flight...
accompanying his alleged prostitute companion on a drug run because he was 'just trying to get laid.'
According to a police report, that alleged prostitute companion claimed she was picking up the drugs for the pilot and not for herself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ying-laid.html
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by FTcadence
John Manwaring pleaded not guilty to the heroine possession charge. The married pilot claims he was on the flight...

According to a police report, that alleged prostitute companion claimed she was picking up the drugs for the pilot and not for herself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ying-laid.html
Wow, this guy could possibly lose his career and family in one shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.