Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Possible IRROPS at BOS and JFK and rebooking policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I’m flying BOS-JFK-LGW tomorrow in Mint. The weather forecast looks pretty bad (thunderstorms).

In case of IRROPS, what are the chances of B6 rebooking me on other carriers? There’s an AA operated flight from BOS after 9 pm and many more flights out of JFK.

I can see that they codeshare with FI but I wouldn’t want to fly with them as the business seats are terrible for a red eye.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Highly unlike that they'd rebook you on AA as the transatlantic routes are not part of the Northeast Alliance agreement. Also very unlikely that they'd rebook you on FI as I don't think they have a ticketing interline agreement with FI (codeshare sales and baggage interline only).
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
With a fair bit of drama involved, I made it to JFK just in time for my TATL flight. They held it as there were quite a few connecting passengers.

When I enquired at check-in about being moved to the direct AA service from BOS, the agent was very sympathetic and tried to get it done by speaking to someone over the phone. It turned out that they could not do it because the leg BOS-JFK was in economy (clearly always the case with JetBlue). They said, however, that once I got to JFK, they could rebook me onto an AA service if I missed my JetBlue flight. Whether it would've happened or not is another matter!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
If you're flying within the Northeast Alliance corridor, B6 wouldn't have a problem moving you onto an AA flight if needed. In May my B6 BOS-DCA flight was cancelled and they put me on AA MHT-DCA the next day and moved my return flight onto AA into MHT as well. B6 doesn't fly out of MHT but it wasn't an issue.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:27 am

I recently was facing a 3+ hour non-weather delay on a B6 flight and the call center agent wouldn't book me onto an AA direct flight (they said it had to originally be booked as an AA ticket, which didn't make much sense). Maybe the policy only applies if the flight is canceled entirely?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
swested was your flight entirely within the Northeast Alliance corridor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.