FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   New Gates in Boston (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1591010-new-gates-boston.html)

JetBlueFA Jul 2, 2014 6:38 pm

New Gates in Boston

Gate C21 just came on line the other day as part of the gates we are taking over from United since they moved to the new Terminal B extension. Here's a picture for you as well as to stir the pot :)

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...lyer09/C21.jpg

Dieuwer Jul 2, 2014 7:09 pm

That must be the A320i parked at the gate: fully invisible to ordinary pax ;)

JetBlueFA Jul 2, 2014 7:13 pm

HAHA ok so the picture was taken JUST before the gate became operational :D

airplanegod Jul 2, 2014 7:26 pm

Is Jetblue getting 757's, A330's, AND 777-300's? :D

tkey75 Jul 2, 2014 7:27 pm

Hey, it tripped me up the other day. Completely used to taking a right for B6 flights. Wouldn't ya know I had to backtrack and find the left pier.. After a breakfast pizza at WP, of course.

adambisi Jul 3, 2014 6:57 am

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA (Post 23134043)
Here's a picture for you as well as to stir the pot

If you really want to stir the pot.. leak those new route rumors that will make use of these gates!!

EDIT: Wait a minute why is the gate marked for 77W, A330, and is the other widebody 757, 787 or 767?????

EK and EI and others may wind up using these gates??????

sbm12 Jul 3, 2014 9:37 am

Originally Posted by adambisi (Post 23136358)
EDIT: Wait a minute why is the gate marked for 77W, A330, and is the other widebody 757, 787 or 767?????

Because some gates are built to support widebody aircraft and others are built to support narrowbody aircraft. These are of the former. The terminal was built that way a long, long time ago.

JetBlueFA Jul 3, 2014 1:59 pm

The gate is marked for the 77W, A330, 757, 321, 320, E190.

*RUMOR* is that EI and EK are going to board from the C terminal by the end of the summer to help take some off the pressure off of Terminal E.

will2288 Jul 3, 2014 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA (Post 23138838)
The gate is marked for the 77W, A330, 757, 321, 320, E190.

*RUMOR* is that EI and EK are going to board from the C terminal by the end of the summer to help take some off the pressure off of Terminal E.

I kind of doubt EK would. Their flight is very late at night (slow time) and they would want a lounge. I could see some others leaving E, if the space was needed. AF and VS would make sense out of A. Just speculation by me, I have no factual info, FYI.

adambisi Jul 3, 2014 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by will2288 (Post 23138868)
I kind of doubt EK would. Their flight is very late at night (slow time) and they would want a lounge. I could see some others leaving E, if the space was needed. AF and VS would make sense out of A. Just speculation by me, I have no factual info, FYI.

If it weren't for the lounge issues, I'd roll in TK as well. TK and EK's plane sits on the ground for a long time at BOS so the terminal switch wouldn't be a big deal.

What about EI's lounge too? Would it be moved to C at some point. What has been done with former UA club too?

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 23137187)
Because some gates are built to support widebody aircraft and others are built to support narrowbody aircraft. These are of the former. The terminal was built that way a long, long time ago.

UA, the former occupant, has never had 773 or 77W's so listing that specific plane model is a bit eye-opening for me.

JetBlueFA Jul 3, 2014 3:33 pm

I haven't been down the new concourse yet but don't forget United's old lounge was down there so there is space available for a dedicated lounge for EI and EK if it is a requirement.

CMK10 Jul 3, 2014 8:32 pm

I used that gate about 7 years ago on a UA flight. Hard to imagine BOS without UA in C but progress plays hell with nostalgia.

makin'miles Jul 4, 2014 7:48 pm

I can see an argument for moving EI given that their flights from DUB and SNN arrive in Boston precleared, but I imagine in order to agree to move, they'd need to work out a deal with Massport for their lounge in E, which was renovated in the last couple of years.

In addition, during certain times of the year, the later DUB-BOS flight (4pm departure) is not precleared, and thus needs to arrive at Terminal E. This would complicate matters somewhat.

adambisi Jul 4, 2014 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by makin'miles (Post 23145373)
I can see an argument for moving EI given that their flights from DUB and SNN arrive in Boston precleared, but I imagine in order to agree to move, they'd need to work out a deal with Massport for their lounge in E, which was renovated in the last couple of years.

In addition, during certain times of the year, the later DUB-BOS flight (4pm departure) is not precleared, and thus needs to arrive at Terminal E. This would complicate matters somewhat.

Aer Lingus states that all US flights preclear now.

http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinfor...usimmigration/

zld Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

I was driving to BOS today and saw 2 Aer Lingus jets parked at terminal E - the SNN flight and the earlier of the 2 DUB flights. Then, taking off about an hour later I did a double take when I saw one of the planes had been moved to a C gate. Is EI definitely using terminal C for departures now? Any ideas why the plane would have landed at E and then been towed to C, since there is CBP preclearance at both SNN and DUB?