Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Mint

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Please continue to send in your feedback! This is a brand new venture for us and your feedback is critical for us. We need this type of information to better out product offerings for our customers.
I enjoyed the flight and will send in my feedback. It was nicer then the AA A321 F seats (I had a mint suite).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I am sorry, but JetBlue will eventually fail at MINT........ Now, throw in a MINT plane which goes MX or throw in a bad NY summer storm with mass cancellations and your going to have lots of disapointed MINT paying customers.
Easy. Fully refund the entire fare ROUND TRIP for the MINT seat (not just that particular one-way). Get the pax where they are going ASAP by any means possible (maybe a free EMS seat on the first available flight) and then give the customer credit for a free one-way on MINT on a future flight.

The cost to B6 would be decent, yes, but not huge... most importantly they would retain that PAX for future travel.

In this scenario, I would be happy. Not sure about the most high maintenance (pun indented, lol) people though.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Mint

Originally Posted by MPScan
Easy. Fully refund the entire fare ROUND TRIP for the MINT seat (not just that particular one-way). Get the pax where they are going ASAP by any means possible (maybe a free EMS seat on the first available flight) and then give the customer credit for a free one-way on MINT on a future flight.

The cost to B6 would be decent, yes, but not huge... most importantly they would retain that PAX for future travel.

In this scenario, I would be happy. Not sure about the most high maintenance (pun indented, lol) people though.
I would be happy with that and would almost welcome a cancelation but then I am not high maintenance.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Paper vs. linen and things.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Are there really no linens being used? Just that chincy paper tray mat? The plateware and set up does not inspire a high end or premium concept to me.
I think of this Mint meal experience as more of a gourmet picnic, given the young, fresh approach of the Mint product (the amenity kit/gift comes in a cardboard box rather than fabric). So I don't miss the linens (which often are slippery, poor absorbent poly blends that slip and slide anyhow). The graphics on the paper are cute but more to the point, the food is outstanding. So let me see, some supermarket ravioli served on linen, or tasty, creative cuisine atop a paper placemat? I'll take the better food and drink. Oh, and the vastly higher average of the FAs presenting it, which is an important non-food element of the on-board product. A grumpy, disinterested FA bearing a fabric tray cover? A nice one with a jaunty place mat? You decide.

One improvement. I notice in the photos that there was more bread than I received. Some grilled slides on one side and a roll on the other. And there was no passing of additional bread. Given that many of the dishes come with great sauces, one tiny roll is not a good idea. There should be two on the tray or a second passing in the cabin. I will note that the bread was of excellent quality and neither heated-dry nor cold-dry. Bread is hard to manage on an aircraft, and B6 succeeded. Probably by paying attention!

Last edited by BlaiseBOS; Jul 2, 2014 at 8:47 am Reason: to add comment about bread!
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Living in NYC, I'm actually dying to try the actual restaurant.

http://saxonandparole.com/food/dinner/

Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Living in NYC, I'm actually dying to try the actual restaurant.

http://saxonandparole.com/food/dinner/

It is delicious. I went with my wife for her birthday in October. Some of the same stuff as served on board and (obviously) many other things, too.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA
Has anyone flown a red-eye in MINT yet? Not sure they've started quite yet, but wondering what food/amenities might be provided (if any)...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:25 am

Hi -

No red eyes yet. Currently JFK-LAX early morning / mid morning while the return LAX-JFK is late morning /early afternoon.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
When they say that the first two are served cold, do they mean that the first two items on the menu are served cold, or your first two choices are served cold?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:36 am

They have designated hot and cold plates.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by diburning
When they say that the first two are served cold, do they mean that the first two items on the menu are served cold, or your first two choices are served cold?
The former. Certain items are meant to be served cold and are presented that way. Others are supposed to be warm and are presented that way. You won't get cold french toast just because you name that first to the FAs.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Curious whether anyone has tried the vegan menu yet? Either way I will have it and report back on this thread.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Vegan

As promised in the post above, I am reporting back on the vegan special meal.

Before I delve into the meals, I wanted to say that Mint was overall an amazing experience. The suites are ridiculous, and I got so much work done. The doors really made it a private experience. The food on the westbound was awful, and on the eastbound was delicious. I realize that most folks do not care about the vegan special menu but this will hopefully serve as a useful post to fliers that maintain a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle for any reason (or who may choose to not have the regular menu since it seems to be have so many pork-based options).

JFK - LAX (9pm departure)

Tasting - some kind of a cold corn soup that was given to everyone. It looked like it had cream, so I skipped it. As became evident on the return, JetBlue does not have a separate special tasting for those who order a special meal.

Dinner

The lovely, smiling and truly wonderful FA presented me with the above tray. I asked what it was, and after disappearing for a few minutes, he came back and apologized that JetBlue did not provide him with a menu. No worries, but what about bread? He said that they had a garlic bread or a breadstick. I asked for the breadstick. I decided, however, that there was a strong likelihood of there being butter or some other animal product in the bread, so I declined to eat it.

The various trays are as follows:
Cold soba noodles with edamame and baked tofu. It was flavored with a pound of salt and a pound of MSG. It was awful.

Veggie fried rice. The best of the 3, but very little flavor.

Limp vegetables in mystery grease sauce (with a hint of tomato). It was awful to look at and eat.

I barely ate lunch that day and had zero time before the 9pm departure to ea dinner, so I ended up eating the fried rice and picked out the edamame from the soba noodles. For dessert, I was offered a fruit plate, which was delicious. Later on in the flight, the snack basket was passed around, but I was deep into work and declined.

Return - LAX JFK (630am departure)

Note - the tasting was the same thing given to everyone else - it had marscapone on it so I declined to take it. Looked good, but definitely not vegan,

Although I am not a good food photographer, I assure you that everything was delicious on the return flight. This time, the FAs (who were once again amazing and lovely) had the menu on a tablet computer. I was barely functional after getting very little sleep, so I do not recall the name of the final dish.

From left to right:

Soy chorizo skillet with cubes of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes. It was delicious. I would order this at brunch. A bit greasy, so perfect if you're a bit hungover

Vegan AND gluten-free pancakes topped with roasted apples and macadamia nuts. The FAs inquired whether I wanted any syrup but I declined, since it was already a carb overload. I would order this at brunch.

Potato something or the other (?). Not my fave, but it was nicely flavored.

Before being served, I was by the galley and they said they would serve me as soon as I returned. I saw a croissant on there and it looked like the same croissant being served to others. I told the FAs that I would not be eating it, if they wanted to take it off and keep it for themselves. They asked whether I wanted syrup on the french toast, but since the entire plate was carbs carbs and more carbs, I declined.

After the meal was over, I was offered a fruit plate for dessert, but I declined since I was beyond stuffed and needed to sleep / work.

In conclusion:

To LAX (dinner): A for effort. F for taste.
To JFK (breakfast): A for effort. B for taste.
Both directions - SO MANY CARBS.
Suggestions for JetBlue (which have also been passed along to JetBlue): (1) Partner with one of the gourmet vegan restaurants in NYC or LA as it does with S&P for its regular menu. (2) Reduce the carb content. (3) Figure out a way to provide vegan bread. It's awkward to get a fake butter with no bread on the tray.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:42 pm

I should say up front that I'm an omnivore if there ever was one, but let me chime in on the bread: Most bread does not have animal products in it. You'd really want to avoid croissants since they should be made with butter (although the commercial, mass produced variety are often made with "butter" flavored shortening). You'd also want to avoid brioche since it's made with egg (yolks).

Otherwise, most bread is going to be made with water, flour, yeast, sugar, salt and water. I'd probably bank on anything served by an airline or other caterer that anything flavored, like a garlic bread, is going to use some kind of shortening instead of butter for the flavor base, too. It's cheaper and lends to longer holding stability since butter contains water and shortening does not, as well as the raw ingredient itself being shelf stable.

Not that I can tell anything for certain from a picture, but that breadstick above probably has some oil or shortening.

I don't disagree with you - your choices are yours to have. And if someone is going to offer a "special" menu (veg/vegan, GF, diabetic, etc), I think it's on them to be able to produce the ingredient list. Otherwise, I'd suggest they just not offer it at all, as the folks ordering them need to know what's in it or it's really not doing them a service.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
The previous menus were tagged as June-July. Anyone have August-September, yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.