Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Mint Menus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Same menu as last month except John did a far superior job plating compared to the Mint crew last month. PDB order was taken and served during boarding. John introduced all the Mint seat features to those new to Mint and anyone needing a refresher.

Smoked salmon, mint tea, chia seed pudding, poached egg, and maple glazed bacon

Poached egg with green tomato salsa verde, parmigiano, crostini

Smoked salmon with tomato conserva, crostini

Iced cappuccino and pretzels from the pantry
Lots of crostini!

-J.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by diburning
I haven’t flown mint in a while. If this is the current service standard then it has gone downhill.
Unfortunately, the word from a certain other site is that there is a subset of Mint qualified crew who are unhappy with where they are and are trying to get out of Mint service-- not necessarily because of the service standards, but because they end up having far less flexibility with rostering-- but because there aren't enough replacements currently, they feel trapped where they are. Hopefully this doesn't end up affecting the onboard service too much.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Maybe if we complain enough, we can help them out
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:13 pm

September 2022 Eastbound lunch - drastic difference from westbound breakfast

Mint menu without any names … inbound flight was delayed so maybe the Mint crew didn’t have time to write their names?

No PDB during boarding. Mint cabin crew never introduced themselves nor the product. There were some new Mint flyers who didn’t know how to release the table when lunch was served. A drastic difference from my flight a week ago!

Al pastor margarita and breadsticks

Endive salad, fluke, and roasted chicken

Endive salad - young pecorino, marcona almond, red wine vinaigrette

Fluke - green tomato salsa, basil

Roasted chicken - braised artichokes, mint, rosemary breadcrumbs

Vanilla gelato - milk chocolate sauce, cacao nib granola. Delicious!!!
Carfield, corky, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 6:15 pm

Also, Mint cabin crew never greeted passengers by name after takeoff/during the flight. No thank you note handed out with the chocolate cashews.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Zomg, the amount of sauce on that ice cream sundae!!! Looks like one of the better combos though for toppings, I've found some of the fruity ones to be just too sweet lately.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:05 pm

Yeah, the fruit toppings seem to always come with a ridiculously sweet syrup. This one was delicious!

Originally Posted by jewree
Zomg, the amount of sauce on that ice cream sundae!!! Looks like one of the better combos though for toppings, I've found some of the fruity ones to be just too sweet lately.
corky likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:26 am
dw

Had the new eastbound lunch/dinner menu on LAX-JFK yesterday. All the items I had were excellent-- nothing was overcooked/dry or bland. Service was very friendly by the FA who was serving, but overall (aside from the food of course) it was a somewhat sub-par Mint experience and other than the food, I didn't find the service that distinguished from my usual on this route, which is AA in Business. (Yes, the AA flight attendants on the premium transcons tend to be pretty good!)

YES: personalized greeting; assistance offered with overhead bin items
NO: amenity kits (I have to assume this was an issue with how the ground staff provisioned the flight? But nothing about amenity kits was mentioned to us); PDB; thank you notes. Also, between the meal service and the snack basket about 90 min prior to landing, the FAs disappeared to the galley to chat. TBH I was a bit annoyed because I was trying to take a nap and it was a bit loud from my seat at 2F.

Food: I had the farro salad, the squash and the fluke

Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:11 pm

Forgot to mention there were no amenity kits on my last flight either.

Originally Posted by dw
NO: amenity kits (I have to assume this was an issue with how the ground staff provisioned the flight?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:41 pm
dw

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Forgot to mention there were no amenity kits on my last flight either.
That seems quite odd and I can’t believe it’s a cost cutting move because they way the kits are marketed, I doubt JetBlue pays for any of the branded items inside
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:02 am

I think it was a lazy Mint cabin crew.

Originally Posted by dw
That seems quite odd and I can’t believe it’s a cost cutting move because they way the kits are marketed, I doubt JetBlue pays for any of the branded items inside
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
First time flying Mint from/to the UK, LGW-JFK this last Friday (9/30)

Crew: Exceptional; all three were friendly, worked the cabin well and were attentive, did the PDBs, even through the lulls in the flight they were checking on drinks, etc

Mint menu selections: Having been so used to AA and BA and their mediocre offering, as usual for Mint, it was a step up. Can't complain - was in the first few rows so had the selection of the items I wanted.

Did the Al Pastor Margarita, a club soda and the tasting trio, Picked the Panzanela Salad, Shrimp Diavolo and the Lamb Curry Pasty. Had the Vanilla Gelato with the chocolate sauce.

Prior to landing did just the tea sandwiches - this came with a scone and proper clotted cream and jam + a Cadbury's dairy milk bar

dw, Carfield, corky and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:17 am
Original Poster

B6 1620 BOS-LHR October 2022

October 13, 2022
B6 1620 Boston to London Heathrow

October 2022 – Modified from August and September
Eastbound Transatlantic

There have been some changes on the eastbound transatlantic menu. August has the original menu with five choices for dinner, and then full breakfast, but September seems this new "reduced choice" dinner service and a really downgrade breakfast service to just breakfast pastry and tea/coffee. I guess the responses must be terrible than October menu seems the breakfast backs to the original two out of three small dishes concept. For the dinner service, the cutback is severe as both the lobster roll and pork shoulder dishes are eliminated. There are now four choices of small dishes and both the lobster roll and pork shoulder dishes are removed from the menu, and replaced by a pasta dish and white bean soup. The second cold starter Burrata is removed from the menu. Welcome snack is no longer trio but a dish of marcona almonds. Amenity kits were also not available on this flight.

Welcome Snack
Marcona almonds

Get to Snoozing Altitude Sooner
Choose the Express Menu on your seatback, which consists of the Escarole Salad, White Bean Soup, Cavatelli and Gelato, and is served straight away, before the rest of our service.

Dinner Small Plates
Choose 3 of 4.
Please note: The first dish is served chilled.

Escarole Salad V, NF
Croutons, Parmigiano, Italian vinaigrette

White Bean Soup VG, DF, NF, (GF upon request)
Kale, roasted tomatoes, garlic breadcrumbs

Cavatelli V, NF
Eggplant, fresh sheep’s cheese, Pomodoro sauce

Chicken Milanese DF, NF
Mustard greens, red wine vinaigrette

After-Dinner
[Unfortunately JetBlue is now doing cheese or dessert now but my request for both is honored after the meal service was completed. JetBlue is already cost-cutting these flights!]

Vanilla Gelato V, GF, (NF Upon Request)
Preserved blackberry compote, almond oat crunch

Cheese Plate V
English Cheddar, Stilton, dried fruit, nuts

V vegetarian DF dairy-free VG vegan GF Gluten-free NF nut-free
If ‘upon request’ is noted, crew will omit ingredient(s) to meet dietary requirement.

Snacks
Please ask about today’s selection.

Breakfast Small Plates
I don't understand why they need to start this simple breakfast service two hours prior to arrival. They can easily serve this breakfast an hour prior to arrival. If they want to save time, they can easily just serve all three dishes with the warmed croissant. In September, JetBlue tries to serve just a warm breakfast pastry as breakfast in Mint.
That obviously did not bode well, so the October menu saw the return of this full breakfast menu. These short transtlantic flights are often tricky and I still believe that they should serve all three dishe with warmed breads. However they only need to serve this breakfast about 75 minutes prior to arrival. If they did not want to do choices, just served all three dishes. Let's be honest that they are not particularly hearty anyway. Basically a fruit bowl, a yogurt, and a small egg dish with croissant.
They will not kill the food budget for Mint. The crews were good and JetBlue just needs to modify the service sequences.

Choose 2 of 3.
Please note: The first two dishes are served chilled.

Strawberries VG, GF, DF, NF
Black pepper syrup, basil

Salted yogurt V, GF, NF
Lemon marmalata

Spinach Frittata V
Parmigiano, herb salad

Breakfast Bag
Want to sleep longer and have something lighter?
Select a to-go bag which includes: fresh juice, iced oat latte, and granola.

Coffee & Tea
Espresso, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Brooklyn, NY
Espresso, Americano (hot or iced), Cappuccino (hot or iced)

Drip Coffee, Dunkin’ Coffee

Tea, Teapigs Tea, New York, NY & London, UK
Chamomile Flowers, Earl Grey Strong, English Breakfast, Green Tea, Peppermint Leaves, Lemon Ginger

*Oat milk available upon request.

Gastro Glossary
Escarole – a slightly bitter type of green often used in Italian recipes in both raw and cooked form

Cavatelli are small pasta shells made of semolina flour

Please ask your crewmember about our flexible dining options.
Ingredients may vary based on sustainability and availability.

Last edited by Carfield; Oct 29, 2022 at 9:32 am
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:33 pm

Westbound breakfast October/November 2022

PDB served during boarding. No amenities kit, just eye mask set for sleeping. Mint cabin/lead FA Jen was awesome and super attentive. Pilot Craig came out to greet us before takeoff.

Salted yogurt, banana bread pudding, avocado toast, and maple bacon

Salted yogurt - raspberry jam, salted oats. Not bad, the oats were a little hard but edible.

Banana bread pudding - crème anglaise. Tasty, wasn’t too sweet.

Avocado toast - roasted golden beets, radish, pickled cipollini, crostini. Pretty tasty, the beets were delicious, and the avocado spread had a slight kick (heat) to it. I needed more crostini to finish the avocado spread.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Carbs, carbs, and more carbs.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.