JetBlue Mint Menus

Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I had the other two items - baby lettuce and roasted cherry tomatoes. Both were good. My flat iron steak was a little dry so adding the cherry tomatoes to bites of that was good.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Thanks both! I think I'm going to do the two chilled dishes and the lasagna - the extra cherry tomatoes would like go well with the lasagna too!
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats

Al Pastor Margarita - corazon margarita, pineapple, chili, lime
Welcome Snack - roasted almonds

Vanilla gelato, flat iron steak, lasagna, and chicken paillard

Lasagna - late summer tomatoes, ricotta.
Could have used more sauce.

Chicken paillard - arugula, parmigiano, lemon
Pretty tasty, wish there was more arugula.

Flat iron steak - summer squash caponata (a traditional Italian dish of sauted eggplant, vegetables, olives and onions)
Not bad, could use more of the accompanying caponata.

Vanilla gelato - roasted rum pineapple, vanilla crumble.
Nice dessert to finish the meal.
Awesome. This meal puts AA/DL/UA to shame!
TastyPlaneEats and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:53 pm

can someone explain to me how i see these amazing meals on the LHR flights, yet on a flight of almost equal length to GYE, i just get a bag of cheese itz?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by michael1023
can someone explain to me how i see these amazing meals on the LHR flights, yet on a flight of almost equal length to GYE, i just get a bag of cheese itz?
As per thread title: JetBlue Mint Menus
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by gengar
As per thread title: JetBlue Mint Menus
I mean, I get that part, I was just hoping b6 could give my route more food for a 7 hour blocked flight then an 80 calorie bag of cheese itz
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:32 am

October Menus

New month, new menus
Any reports on the Westbound lunch/dinner yet? Honestly, all 5 options sound good! The pork shoulder with cracklings was great last year, I'm super curious about the fluke, and I love the sound of the raddichio and prosciutto salad ... but lasagna can be pretty good on a flight, and even butternut squash and farro salad sounds good ... so many choices!
I see they changed up the welcome snack too - grissini instead of nuts ...
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:41 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jewree
New month, new menus
Any reports on the Westbound lunch/dinner yet? Honestly, all 5 options sound good! The pork shoulder with cracklings was great last year, I'm super curious about the fluke, and I love the sound of the raddichio and prosciutto salad ... but lasagna can be pretty good on a flight, and even butternut squash and farro salad sounds good ... so many choices!
I see they changed up the welcome snack too - grissini instead of nuts ...
I flew JFK-LAX yesterday (on one of the new A321LRs with 24 Mint seats used on the London flights! I guess with the reduced London frequencies, they are running one a day now JFK-LAX and back... they actually have three in the fleet now and unless there are days where LGW and LHR are both running, they only need one for London.)

Had the pumpkin and farro salad-- really good and flavorful; the lasagna was delicious-- it's with mushroom and a cheese/white sauce; the fluke on the other hand, while it tasted good, was dry and somewhat basic-- could have used a sauce or something. This was actually my first Mint experience (when flying J, I usually take AA on this route), and I was completely blown away by the food-- definitely the best catering amongst all the US airlines, and I'd say it was even better than the business class catering I've had on a lot of foreign airlines.

Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:57 pm

I fly BOS-SFO today. And had a pretty glorious meal, although I should have heeded dw warning about the fish . The pork shoulder though was restaurant quality, as in, *good* restaurant quality, as was the raddichio salad. Highly recommend both.

Welcome Snack: Grissini.
To start, we finally had something other than a bag of nuts! Not that grissini is all that exciting, and I really do miss the days of fun root veggie chips and dips, but, this was a step up from nuts. The grissini were crispy, slightly cheesy, and kinda fun, although they desperately called out for wanting a dip.
Pretty please JetBlue, can we go back to yucca or taro chips, and that insanely delicious caramelized onion dip? Please!
**+.

Lunch! As always, meals are served on one tray, including the melty gelato. It is always a frantic prioritization question for me, particularly as I had two hot dishes (I generally go for the two salads).

I was fairly pleased with my selections, although I do wish I had heeded the reviews of others who said the fluke was not a winner, and selected the lasagna or butternut squash salad instead. The others though, both very, very good.

Radicchio Salad. "Apples, prosciutto, apple cider vinaigrette, walnuts."

Bitter radicchio, juicy sweet apples, crunchy walnuts ... this sounded like a very well composed salad! And, bonus, prosciutto! That said, I've had some horribly overdressed salads on my JetBlue flights lately, so I was cautious.
Although it wasn't quite what I expected, I was quite pleased with the dish. My second favorite of my choices, and I'd gladly get it again.
The radicchio was large chunks, fresh, crisp, and super bitter. I loved the radicchio, although I think that it would be a more approachable dish if it was mixed with something like frisee. I appreciated the large chunks.
The apple wasn't actually fresh crisp apple slices, rather, it was roasted? Soft, kinda mushy, but, I liked it. I didn't find any walnuts, so the crunch I was expecting from those too was not present. The prosciutto was also not quite what I expected, it was crispy little bits, almost bacon-like, but, "fancy". The prosciutto had good flavor.
And then, the dressing, which at first did look possibly over-done, was quite good. I don't normally go for vinaigrettes, but this was a creamy vinaigrette, and was a nice match with the rest of the dish.
So, overall, definitely good. Crispy fresh radicchio, creamy dressing, interesting toppings ... I'd gladly get it again, and it was certainly restaurant quality. Walnuts would have improved it though.

Brown Butter Fluke. "Capers, brussels sprouts, lemon vinaigrette."

Next up, the fluke. I was happy with this dish in concept. Sure, airline fish is always dried out and overcooked, but, fluke! What a treat! And I am one of those people who actually likes brussels sprouts, so, this sounded fantastic. Although ... of course I wanted a creamy aioli or tartar sauce with it (which, yes, I brought!).
Reviews I had read said this dish was not good, and, sadly, I agreed.
The fish, very thin fillets, was very, very dry. And, yes, it really needed a sauce. I didn't find the lemon vinaigrette anywhere, and it certainly would have benefited from some acid from the lemon. It also was rather salty, and I like a high salt level. The brown butter taste was there, but it was actually just too greasy from it.
I did like the brussels sprouts, but, there was only 2 small pieces. The capers, slightly crispy, were great in concept, but also were too greasy.
So, yeah. Nothing about this I particularly cared for.

Pork Shoulder. "Red pepper mostarda, tuscan spices, cracklings."

And lastly, the pork shoulder.
I had such fond memories of the pork shoulder from earlier in the year, particularly the cracklings and very flavorful broth, so I was pretty excited for this, although I don't generally care for mostarda AND I dislike red pepper.
And ... this delivered! A nice hunk of pork, juicy, not dried out, the fat rendered decently. Pork shoulder really can be quite glorious. It was well seasoned with "tuscan spices". It didn't even need a sauce, not something I often say.
The sauce though was good too. There seemed to be both the red pepper mostarda on one side of the plate, and a lighter broth on the other, that intermingled. Both were flavorful, and the mostarda was not as thick nor acidic as others I've had, instead, it actually was more like a sweet chili sauce? It was lightly sweet. I dunked some of my fish, and my raddicchio in it as well, as the pork really was so flavorful it didn't need it, but I didn't want to "waste" the delicious sauce. I bet it would be great to dunk bread into too ...
And ... the cracklings! Crispy and so very flavorful. Loved them. Points for the plating of this dish too, with the cracklings along the side.
Overall, just a slam dunk, fantastic dish. I'd be happy getting this in a restaurant, a nice restaurant at that.
****+.

Vanilla Gelato (#1). "Passion fruit jam, coconut shortbread crumble. "

So ... yeah. The gelato. I'm a huge ice cream fan, and miss the old offerings from a local ice cream shop in the city of departure, but, I do like the idea of a real composed ice cream sundae, and the gelato had always been very high quality before. That said, I've had pretty mixed success with the toppings, as most had sauces that just tended too sweet.
This one ... yeah. Actually the worst ice cream/gelato I've had on any JetBlue flight, ever. The passion fruit "jam" was a thin, watery sauce, and was shockingly bitter. Passion fruit should be sweet! And the "coconut shortbread crumble" was just ... coconut shreds?
For once, I was glad it was just a single scoop (it used to be 3!)

Vanilla Gelato. (#2).
The gelato left me so sad ... that I asked for another, this time, without the passionfruit sauce. I did still want the crumble, but alas, it came as just the scoop of ice cream. I added my own sprinkles (yellow!), and caramel sauce (not pictured), because, um, yes, I had them with me.
I liked it better this way, and the gelato really was a lovely texture, it melted beautifully, and wasn't served too hard, but it didn't taste like much. I remembered it being far more vanilla forward before.
**+.
Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jewree
I fly BOS-SFO today. And had a pretty glorious meal, although I should have heeded dw warning about the fish . The pork shoulder though was restaurant quality, as in, *good* restaurant quality, as was the raddichio salad. Highly recommend both.

Welcome Snack: Grissini.
To start, we finally had something other than a bag of nuts! Not that grissini is all that exciting, and I really do miss the days of fun root veggie chips and dips, but, this was a step up from nuts. The grissini were crispy, slightly cheesy, and kinda fun, although they desperately called out for wanting a dip.
Pretty please JetBlue, can we go back to yucca or taro chips, and that insanely delicious caramelized onion dip? Please!
**+.

Lunch! As always, meals are served on one tray, including the melty gelato. It is always a frantic prioritization question for me, particularly as I had two hot dishes (I generally go for the two salads).

I was fairly pleased with my selections, although I do wish I had heeded the reviews of others who said the fluke was not a winner, and selected the lasagna or butternut squash salad instead. The others though, both very, very good.

Radicchio Salad. "Apples, prosciutto, apple cider vinaigrette, walnuts."

Bitter radicchio, juicy sweet apples, crunchy walnuts ... this sounded like a very well composed salad! And, bonus, prosciutto! That said, I've had some horribly overdressed salads on my JetBlue flights lately, so I was cautious.
Although it wasn't quite what I expected, I was quite pleased with the dish. My second favorite of my choices, and I'd gladly get it again.
The radicchio was large chunks, fresh, crisp, and super bitter. I loved the radicchio, although I think that it would be a more approachable dish if it was mixed with something like frisee. I appreciated the large chunks.
The apple wasn't actually fresh crisp apple slices, rather, it was roasted? Soft, kinda mushy, but, I liked it. I didn't find any walnuts, so the crunch I was expecting from those too was not present. The prosciutto was also not quite what I expected, it was crispy little bits, almost bacon-like, but, "fancy". The prosciutto had good flavor.
And then, the dressing, which at first did look possibly over-done, was quite good. I don't normally go for vinaigrettes, but this was a creamy vinaigrette, and was a nice match with the rest of the dish.
So, overall, definitely good. Crispy fresh radicchio, creamy dressing, interesting toppings ... I'd gladly get it again, and it was certainly restaurant quality. Walnuts would have improved it though.

Brown Butter Fluke. "Capers, brussels sprouts, lemon vinaigrette."

Next up, the fluke. I was happy with this dish in concept. Sure, airline fish is always dried out and overcooked, but, fluke! What a treat! And I am one of those people who actually likes brussels sprouts, so, this sounded fantastic. Although ... of course I wanted a creamy aioli or tartar sauce with it (which, yes, I brought!).
Reviews I had read said this dish was not good, and, sadly, I agreed.
The fish, very thin fillets, was very, very dry. And, yes, it really needed a sauce. I didn't find the lemon vinaigrette anywhere, and it certainly would have benefited from some acid from the lemon. It also was rather salty, and I like a high salt level. The brown butter taste was there, but it was actually just too greasy from it.
I did like the brussels sprouts, but, there was only 2 small pieces. The capers, slightly crispy, were great in concept, but also were too greasy.
So, yeah. Nothing about this I particularly cared for.

Pork Shoulder. "Red pepper mostarda, tuscan spices, cracklings."

And lastly, the pork shoulder.
I had such fond memories of the pork shoulder from earlier in the year, particularly the cracklings and very flavorful broth, so I was pretty excited for this, although I don't generally care for mostarda AND I dislike red pepper.
And ... this delivered! A nice hunk of pork, juicy, not dried out, the fat rendered decently. Pork shoulder really can be quite glorious. It was well seasoned with "tuscan spices". It didn't even need a sauce, not something I often say.
The sauce though was good too. There seemed to be both the red pepper mostarda on one side of the plate, and a lighter broth on the other, that intermingled. Both were flavorful, and the mostarda was not as thick nor acidic as others I've had, instead, it actually was more like a sweet chili sauce? It was lightly sweet. I dunked some of my fish, and my raddicchio in it as well, as the pork really was so flavorful it didn't need it, but I didn't want to "waste" the delicious sauce. I bet it would be great to dunk bread into too ...
And ... the cracklings! Crispy and so very flavorful. Loved them. Points for the plating of this dish too, with the cracklings along the side.
Overall, just a slam dunk, fantastic dish. I'd be happy getting this in a restaurant, a nice restaurant at that.
****+.

Vanilla Gelato (#1). "Passion fruit jam, coconut shortbread crumble. "

So ... yeah. The gelato. I'm a huge ice cream fan, and miss the old offerings from a local ice cream shop in the city of departure, but, I do like the idea of a real composed ice cream sundae, and the gelato had always been very high quality before. That said, I've had pretty mixed success with the toppings, as most had sauces that just tended too sweet.
This one ... yeah. Actually the worst ice cream/gelato I've had on any JetBlue flight, ever. The passion fruit "jam" was a thin, watery sauce, and was shockingly bitter. Passion fruit should be sweet! And the "coconut shortbread crumble" was just ... coconut shreds?
For once, I was glad it was just a single scoop (it used to be 3!)

Vanilla Gelato. (#2).
The gelato left me so sad ... that I asked for another, this time, without the passionfruit sauce. I did still want the crumble, but alas, it came as just the scoop of ice cream. I added my own sprinkles (yellow!), and caramel sauce (not pictured), because, um, yes, I had them with me.
I liked it better this way, and the gelato really was a lovely texture, it melted beautifully, and wasn't served too hard, but it didn't taste like much. I remembered it being far more vanilla forward before.
**+.
I haven't even had good luck with the gelato... on my last B6 flights it was served almost melted.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fly747first
I haven't even had good luck with the gelato... on my last B6 flights it was served almost melted.
My best experience with the gelato this year was when SEA catering didn't have it and replaced it with vanilla ice cream (with the usual toppings)
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
You can ask to have the gelato brought out later. Thats what I do and the FAs have always been ok with that.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:44 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had my first Mint experience this past Sunday JFK-SAN. The meal service is better than AA transcon, and way better than what UA is offering on transcon flights currently.

Starter: Grissini with Gruner Veltliner

Interesting crispy sticks, although it became a chore to eat toward the end.

Meal choices: Farro salad, fluke, pork shoulder

This combo was what I thought a good combination of vegetables and proteins, even though the lasagna sounded tempting.

The salad was a great combination of flavors and texture. The added sweetness from the butternut squash makes it a nice side throughout the meal.

The FA forgot the brussels sprouts on the fluke, so it was added "tableside". As others had pointed out, it was on the drier side, and needed more sauce. The chili oil did rescue it, but if I could do a do-over, I would switch this for the lasagna instead.

The pork dish is probably the best airline entree I had in a while (the other choices were the fish with BBQ sauce and Thai noodles, both on UA). The meat was tender and moist, the mostrada added acidity and "lift". I would have second helping of it if it was available, and if they offered bread, I would have soaked up the sauce.

Wine of choice was the Italian red, but the FA pour the wrong wine (Spanish red instead) so I went with it. It worked as well.

Gelato, served separately from main tray

SO. GOOD. Proper gelato texture - not rock hard, and not soup either.

Snack Basket choice: Eat Up Cheese Plate

I was surprised to see this as an option, but in a good way.
Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:17 am

Thank you for your post! You experience nearly matches mine - rather shocked at how delicious the pork shoulder was, totally willing to have another if offered, buyer's remorse over the fish, and FOMO with that lasagna ...
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
couldn't you ask for seconds in mint? i heard they will give it to you if there are extras

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.