Interesting place(s) to visit?

Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Interesting place(s) to visit?

I have $95 worth of TravelBank credit to burn before 7/25, and I'm not quite sure where to go. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where on the JetBlue network for places to go, things to see, etc? My hobbies include photography, planespotting, railfanning (train spotting), geocaching, visiting historical landmarks, as well as trying local delicacies.

I am based out of BOS, and do not have a driver's license (so I will not be able to rent a car, and will have to rely on public transportation and/or taxi service)

I'm planning on staying for at least one night.

Moderators, if this thread does not belong here, I apologize, please move it. Thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by diburning
I have $95 worth of TravelBank credit to burn before 7/25, and I'm not quite sure where to go. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where on the JetBlue network for places to go, things to see, etc? My hobbies include photography, planespotting, railfanning (train spotting), geocaching, visiting historical landmarks, as well as trying local delicacies.

I am based out of BOS, and do not have a driver's license (so I will not be able to rent a car, and will have to rely on public transportation and/or taxi service)

I'm planning on staying for at least one night.

Moderators, if this thread does not belong here, I apologize, please move it. Thank you!
What's in your budget?????? Where have you been???

From your interests I would lean for these domestic destinations

SFO
ORD
PHL
SEA

International

LIM
SJO/LIR
CTG
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ah, budget... not quite sure on that. I'm not really looking to go international. I've been to LAX, IAD, DCA, JFK, EWR, PHL, JAX, and LAS. I wouldn't mind revisiting if there's something new to do. I'd imagine with it being summer that the touristy locations would be crowded.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I's second the nominations for ORD and SFO. Chicago is great for railfanning and, well, it's Chicago SFO also has a LOT to offer (I lived there in the late 1960s and it's been too long since I've been back). Neither of those cities will require a car as there is rail service to each airport.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
While the summer fares would likely be high, and it's best done with at least a few days in town, PDX is another great destination. Good transit (easy MAX access from the airport to city), great food (and beer if that's of interest), and the Oregon Rail Heritage Center is a good visit for the railfan.

And I forgot about Chicago as well - agree with all the above (been a while since I've been there).

Last edited by octr202; Jun 18, 2014 at 6:46 am Reason: Deleted reference to PHL...misread OP's post. ;-)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

WAS or ORD are likely to be cheaper on the airfare and they offer good public transit from the airports (DCA, ORD, BWI, IAD in that order IMO).
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:07 pm

I would vote for DCA. Easy metro access, lots of free museums, food tasting events, the list goes on and on. Plus it's a cheap enough flight your voucher would cover a lot of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.