Search

PVD Service

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
PVD Service

Hi,

I usually fly WN out of PVD, however when the flights for the holidays for WN came out today, they were quite expensive, so I was able to book reasonable flights on JB. I was amazed how reasonable the flights were and that there were still seats, I am just checking to make sure that JB is doing well in the PVD market. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you

ML
Old May 20, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Mary Louise
Hi,

I usually fly WN out of PVD, however when the flights for the holidays for WN came out today, they were quite expensive, so I was able to book reasonable flights on JB. I was amazed how reasonable the flights were and that there were still seats, I am just checking to make sure that JB is doing well in the PVD market. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you

ML
Just doing some quick and basic research they seem to be doing well, especially on the MCO flights, where they have 300 seats each way every day and flights are very full. The FLL route is a bit tougher, with only 1 nonstop each way, flights that are full but not as much as MCO, as well as competition from WN. Between B6 and WN only 70,000 travel between PVD-FLL a year, meaning there are only 191 pax each way daily with 3 flights (2WN and 1 B6.)
Old May 20, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
The main reason I avoid B6, especially at PVD is that you have little options in the event of flight cancellation. You will likely need to wait until the next day or end up in BOS. If they would add some feeder flights to JFK it would open up many more options.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Thank you very much for the stats regarding B6 and WN at PVD. Greatly appreciated. Hopefully I will have a positive experience this holiday season on B6. I have been very loyal to WN, but more loyal to my hard earned $$$.

ML

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.