Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Check in time at BOS for international.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 8:36 am
Original Poster

It's been a long time since I did this route - flying BOS - CUN at 7:40am. Assuming no checked bags, how early would you recommend arriving? I've never flown B6 international so I don't know how crazy it is at logan at that time of day. I can't imagine arriving 3 hours early when the counters aren't even open at that hour.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you can OLCI for the international itinerary and have a BP in hand I'd arrive ~75 minutes prior to departure. If you need to get a BP printed at the airport I'd add 15 minutes to that.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Agree with sbm12 especially with no checked bags.

I did BOS-GCM on 4/12 with Even more speed, one checked bag, and got to my gate in under 45 minutes from curb-side drop off. To top it off TSA searched my camera items in carry-on as well. Lots of young children and CT residents were flying that day which made EMS a great investment.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much. It's such a small question but I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm getting a ride to the airport and don't want to have to ask my driver to wake up earlier than necessary:-)

Already did OLCI and have mobile BP. so I should be all set then. Gracias!
Old May 4, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by jetsetter777
Thanks so much. It's such a small question but I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm getting a ride to the airport and don't want to have to ask my driver to wake up earlier than necessary:-)

Already did OLCI and have mobile BP. so I should be all set then. Gracias!
Also, United has left terminal C and JetBlue has not expanded into the vacated area as of yet so there should be less travelers in the terminal overall. Not sure if there have shifted TSA staffing though.
Old May 5, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
If you are in gates 1-45 I believe the security lines can get quite massive. I had a 6am flight last Monday and there were at least 400+ people in line. thank goodness for pre-check.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
I have rolled in 1.5 hrs early before JetBlue international flights and it's always fine, even though they say to get there 3 hrs early...I think as long it's 60 minutes or greater you're ok.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, UR, IHG, HH, BA, CC
I'd say 1.5 hours is plenty - particularly at that time of the morning, where there's no traffic at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.