Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

The JetBlue | TrueBlue Forum Dashboard

The JetBlue | TrueBlue Forum Dashboard

Old Apr 6, 14, 5:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Arrow The JetBlue | TrueBlue Forum Dashboard

A great deal of information relating to JetBlue and the TrueBlue frequent flyer program is available in abundance in the forum. The widgets below will direct you to the excellent resource threads written by members of our community. Not only is the FFP comprehensively explained, there are many tips on how to maximise the program to your benefit.

Historical sticky threads
Wiki FAQ + How to get email news flashes + Posting guidelines
The JetBlue Plane Name Game
Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread
JetBlue Schedule Extension Thread

Feedback
If you have any questions or comments on the new format, or indeed if you'd like a thread added to the dashboard, please post your thoughts in the feedback thread we've set up, linked below:

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 25, 17 at 2:16 am Reason: Reference to Webster's dictionary - thanks sbm12
Old Jul 15, 14, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA*G, HH Dia, MR Platinum, IHG Amb/Plat, Hyatt Exp
TrueBlue Assessment?

As a JetBlue newbie, I have some basic questions about TrueBlue that aren't adequately explained in the material I've examined. Can an experienced hand chime in?

- Do points really expire one year after they're earned, even with activity in the account? If so it's the most draconian FF program out there.
- Can you get the Amex JetBlue card just before point expiry and extend their valid period? By how long?
- I guess point redemption price is tied to ticket price. Can I get better value banking my JetBlue flights with Hawaiian, with its traditional award chart?
- Can you change from TrueBlue to Hawaiian earning at the gate, or before check-in?
- What's compelling about the TrueBlue program, if you're not shooting for Mosaic? OK family sharing, anything else?

Thanks....
Old Jul 16, 14, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Explore View Post
- Do points really expire one year after they're earned, even with activity in the account?
No; they never expire.
- I guess point redemption price is tied to ticket price. Can I get better value banking my JetBlue flights with Hawaiian, with its traditional award chart?
You can try but not likely to be a better value as the traditional HI program isn't particularly generous on earning or award charts.
- Can you change from TrueBlue to Hawaiian earning at the gate, or before check-in?
I did it at the gate once. I know you cannot on the website by managing a reservation.
- What's compelling about the TrueBlue program, if you're not shooting for Mosaic? OK family sharing, anything else?
Depending on your travel patterns and ticket purchase habits the program can be more lucrative than traditional programs or not. With some of the bonuses offered and other promos one can accrue a decent pool of points. But mostly the value is incremental to the travel experience, not something which drives the buying decision. At least for me.
Old May 18, 15, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
No; they never expire.
I've never flown Jet Blue, but as no other reasonable options are available for a desired upcoming flight i started looking into B6 to find out more about them.

If the points never expire, why does the wiki (above, from flyerguide.com) say this:
"Points earned expire one year from the date they were earned, unless you hold the American Express JetBlue card."

And further . . .
"Once you earn 100 points, you are automatically issued 2 electronic TrueBlue passes. Each is valid for one free one way ticket. These passes will expire one year from the date of THEIR issuance."

Is this an older version of the program or what?
Old May 19, 15, 7:58 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Good guide description here.

Yes, that's an old program.
Old May 20, 15, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Jlove View Post
Is this an older version of the program or what?
Yes, that is all outdated information. Some of it many years old.
Old Jan 16, 17, 2:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Folks, I would like to check in with you as id welcome your feedback on the dashboard. Are the links still relevant to the forum? Do you still find the dashboard useful?

If youd like to see new widgets added (or old ones removed), please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions here.

Many thanks

Prospero
on behalf of the Senior Moderator team
Old Jan 17, 17, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Are the links still relevant to the forum?
Definitely not the 2014 status challenge one.

Do you still find the dashboard useful?
Not really personally. And I think the relatively low thread view count suggests it doesn't do much good for the group. But this is also a pretty quiet community so I'm not sure it matters either way.

If you’d like to see new widgets added (or old ones removed), please feel free to post your feedback and suggestions here.
The fleet wiki thread would make a good addition IMO.