Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

2014 Mosaic Challenge + status match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Mosaic Challenge + status match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by ziggynagy
If your home airport is a JetBlue hub (like JFK or BOS) I see no loss in signing up cause you still get Mosaic for 2014 regardless of whether you meet the challenge requirements. No change fee is a nice perk as UA charges $200 per change.
does one have a limited amount of times that one can do a B6 challenge or match? for example if I match and then end up flying DL, am I ineligible for future matches like I might be on other airlines? that would be a potential loss in signing up
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Never needed to know, and never thought to ask: Is the No Change Fee privilege no additional $$$ at all, or like Southwest's policy, pay the walk-up fare, but no "change fees" per se? Thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Much more like the WN policy. If there is a fare difference you pay it.

The caveat is that JetBlue does have a (limited) free standby policy for the flight immediately prior to the booked one. In some cases this can be sufficient.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:14 pm
VOS

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I have a flight on JetBlue this Friday to Cartagena and I just sent in my Delta Platinum card as proof of my status to get Mosaic status. How quickly can I get this done and get upgraded status? I would really like to have it before I leave but I realize its a stretch to get it done that quick. But who knows, anything is possible right? Anyone who is a seasoned JB flyer have any ideas to get the match quickly?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unlikely it will happen that fast. Did you mention the upcoming flight in the email you sent? That's about all you can do. And hope for the best.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:44 pm
VOS

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Unlikely it will happen that fast. Did you mention the upcoming flight in the email you sent? That's about all you can do. And hope for the best.
I did mention it in the email so we will see what happens. I just talked to a TrueBlue guy and he said we cannot jump people just b/c you have a flight. Ummm, sure you can b/c you want to attract me as a customer who has never flown your airline. I mean, as a first time JB flyer, you would think that they would do a little more to help expedite these things, especially if their goal is the attract new customers. The ONLY reason I am flying them for this trip is b/c of the direct flight to Cartagena as I only usually fly Delta. I get great customer service being Platinum on Delta and you would think that JB would do everything they could to go out of their way to make this happen for people if they want to attract the premium flyers. Kind of tells me a lot. Oh well.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by VOS
You would think that JB would do everything they could to go out of their way to make this happen for people if they want to attract the premium flyers. Kind of tells me a lot. Oh well.
I'm feeling the same way based on how they handled my application for the Challenge & Status Match. I'm actually planning on completing the Challenge for Mosaic 2015, but because of corporate travel restrictions as well as JetBlue's limited route network, I had wanted my 90 Day Challenge to start after 04/15/2014.

I was clearly told on the JetBlue website and by two different JetBlue representatives that there is a two week turnaround time, so I sent in my application on 04/02/2014 at 4:32 AM and received a confirmation email (Thank you for your interest in the TrueBlue Mosaic® Challenge.‏) at 4:33 AM. At 6:35 PM, I received an acceptance email (Your Challenge Starts Now‏) notifying me that the start date for my 90 Day Challenge was 04/02/2014.

I reached out to them via Twitter and was told to call (800) JETBLUE. After fourteen minutes on the phone not including the six minutes I initially spent on hold, I was told TrueBlue is done with the backlog and there's no longer a turnaround time and per the Terms & Conditions

JetBlue will be the sole and official timekeeper that will determine, in its sole discretion, when the 90-day Challenge period for a participant begins and ends.
In other words, I was graciously told to pound sand. Furthermore, albeit trivial, from my understanding I technically only have an 89 Day Challenge, since I was accepted with less than six hours left on my first day. Not a good start.

Originally Posted by VOS
How quickly can I get this done and get upgraded status?
Unfortunately it looks like you're out of luck as well. Per the acceptance email I received,

*Please watch your email for further communication regarding your Tier Match request. You will receive an email within the next week letting you know if automatic status has been granted through 2014.

Last edited by jaloola; Apr 2, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
Much more like the WN policy. If there is a fare difference you pay it.

The caveat is that JetBlue does have a (limited) free standby policy for the flight immediately prior to the booked one. In some cases this can be sufficient.
Thank you.

I heard that it's also good to monitor the price from the time of purchase until the flight, and repurchase if the price goes down. Not sure if this is the case with Southwest, too.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, MR, SPG
Does anyone happen to know if the points received from the purchase of a go-pack will count for this challenge? I know it states that only base miles count towards the challenge, but I would hope that that since only the purchaser of the go-pack is eligible to receive true-blue points, that they would consider those base points as opposed to simply bonus points.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
I applied for the Mosaic challenge two weeks ago. A week ago I received response that I was accepted, and then today I received response that I have Mosaic matched (I sent in a screenshot of my status page at AA).

In case it helps anybody to know the timeline to be expected.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Amex Plat, Mosaic, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Time Line

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
I applied for the Mosaic challenge two weeks ago. A week ago I received response that I was accepted, and then today I received response that I have Mosaic matched (I sent in a screenshot of my status page at AA).

In case it helps anybody to know the timeline to be expected.
Thanks, Upinsmoke. I also applied 2 weeks ago. I followed up with and inquiry and second submission after hearing nothing for 7 days. I finally got confirmation of being enrolled in the Challenge. But, no word of the status match...yet?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I got my challenge email about a week before the actual status match.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LionTamer
Thanks, Upinsmoke. I also applied 2 weeks ago. I followed up with and inquiry and second submission after hearing nothing for 7 days. I finally got confirmation of being enrolled in the Challenge. But, no word of the status match...yet?
Seems like the whole process is manual. So timelines may vary quite a bit. One thing that Jetblue has definitely not invested on is IT resources...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by Cheeeese18
Does anyone happen to know if the points received from the purchase of a go-pack will count for this challenge? I know it states that only base miles count towards the challenge, but I would hope that that since only the purchaser of the go-pack is eligible to receive true-blue points, that they would consider those base points as opposed to simply bonus points.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!
Highly, highly doubt it, as those are not base points. I'd be shocked if they were eligible.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:58 pm

Unfortunately it looks like I might just barely miss this. My challenge match is probably going to fail because I think the last qualifying flight I'll have on my schedule in the next three months will be a week after my window closes.

I was expecting the two week turnaround, but nope, it was activated on April Fool's day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.