Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Should JetBlue join Star Alliance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"JetBlue to Join Star Alliance"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/j...-star-alliance

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderation action

Post transferred to the JetBlue forum.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by piffle
I really think this is an important cause,
Since when are airline alliance memberships important "causes" which the customers get to dictate?

A petition will have exactly zero effect on this topic.

There's also the part where the logic stated in the "petition" doesn't really hold. JetBlue cannot replace what US leaving *A is doing to the route map in the SE USA. And JetBlue already has partnerships with enough airlines that, were they to get their FF reciprocity worked out, could provide access to those overseas destinations. That's something which can be solved without an alliance membership.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
They won't be joins any alliance for a quite long time. They won't be considering to join the alliance.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:07 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by N830MH
They won't be joins any alliance for a quite long time. They won't be considering to join the alliance.
Why is that? Would love to hear your reasoning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.