Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Stranded a Group of Passangers In Barbados, May Not Get Them Home For a Week

JetBlue Stranded a Group of Passangers In Barbados, May Not Get Them Home For a Week

Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:59 pm
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

Oops? With the weather causing all sorts of flight delays and cancellations, passengers are having issues getting to or returning from their travel destinations. JetBlue's Barbados <-> NYC route is serviced only by one A321 and it's booked full for days, so some passengers who were unlucky enough to have their earlier flights canceled are being rebooked for flights that leave in a week.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jetbl...bermuda-2014-1

Personally, I could use a week in Barbados.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
JetBlue has no aircraft that seats 120. This article reeks of poor research.

In the JetBlue configuration:

E-190 - 100 seats
A320 - 150 seats
A321 - 190 seats
A321 with Mint - 159 seats

Last edited by diburning; Jan 8, 2014 at 10:49 pm
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I can think of worse places to be stuck in than that!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning

E-190 - 100 seats
A320 - 150 seats
A321 - 190 seats
A321 with Mint - 149 seats
BI rarely produces an original piece that isn't rife with false statements and/or poor research.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
I can think of worse places to be stuck in than that!
Right!

"Umm... Hi Boss. My flight was cancelled, and I won't be back in the cold and snow for several days. ...maybe even a week. I'm REALLY sorry, but I'll be working remotely for a few days."
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
BI demonstrated their fantastic quality with this http://www.businessinsider.com/samsu...#ixzz2pLOYFJCG piece
The new chip will also be a chance for Samsung to make a phone that's faster than the iPhone 5S.
That new chip? It is a memory chip.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by chx1975
BI demonstrated their fantastic quality with this http://www.businessinsider.com/samsu...#ixzz2pLOYFJCG piece

That new chip? It is a memory chip.
Without knowing the details of the memory chip, if it is denser, I.e., if it has more bits of capacity this will improve performance to because more data can be cached in memory. Given how often ios safari reloads web pages each time,you switch back to a tag, this would be an easy performance improvement.

And if the access time of the memory chip has reduced, this too will improve performance.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:57 pm

Where is Richard Branson? Land a surprise Virgin America plane down there!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.

E-190 - 100 seats
A320 - 150 seats
A321 - 190 seats
Did they change the article? What I read said 190.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
WOW.. Jet blue again!

I thought the FA popping the slide with 2 beers took the cake.

2 words... JET BLUE. Or three words "The friendly sky's".

Happy 2014!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Perhaps this group should call AAA for assistance. GIT ME HOME!, via boat, balloon, rickshaw, tuk-tuk, zip-line, train, subway, horse, tricycle, or skateboard. Whatever. I'm with Jet Blue on this one.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Right!

"Umm... Hi Boss. My flight was cancelled, and I won't be back in the cold and snow for several days. ...maybe even a week. I'm REALLY sorry, but I'll be working remotely for a few days."
I fail to see any humor in this. There will added expenses, which could total in the thousands of $$$'s, hotels will be booked so there will be no availability, people have jobs to get back to, kids have school to get back to...POOR JOB by jetblue. Just absolutely terrible. One reason I will never fly them. Horrendous storm recovery abilities with the # and type of aircraft they have. In addition to the newly enacted tarmac rule, there should be a similar rule for something like this. JetBlue should be fined an incredible sum of money for this.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

E-190 - 100 seats
A320 - 150 seats
A321 - 190 seats
is this right? JetBlue is losing nearly 41 seats to start service with Mint cabin? What in the world were they thinking? I wonder how long it will be until they remove Mint to add the 41 extra coach seats they could have? I give it a year...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Weather warnings

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I fail to see any humor in this. There will added expenses, which could total in the thousands of $$$'s, hotels will be booked so there will be no availability, people have jobs to get back to, kids have school to get back to...POOR JOB by jetblue. Just absolutely terrible. One reason I will never fly them. Horrendous storm recovery abilities with the # and type of aircraft they have. In addition to the newly enacted tarmac rule, there should be a similar rule for something like this. JetBlue should be fined an incredible sum of money for this.
When one sees a warning about weather on the day they need to fly, proactively trying to change their plans to meet the needs. One guy did this and was able to get home a day early. Assuming their is internet available, one could have seen that B6 had no or minimal availability on future flights and then tried to figure out what is best for them. The AA flights are also completely booked until Thursday. (I checked online). Airlines do not have the spare capacity to bring in an extra plane these days. With internet access it is easy to figure out creative solutions (even if it meant paying to fly to SXM or (UVF (St lucia (which has B6 availability)) and then take a B6 flight from there). If you do not like B6 then don't fly them. If you let them keep the plane on the tarmac for 3 hours on Friday, it would have gotten to
BGI and then the flight would not have been canceled. You cannot have it both ways.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmg42000
When one sees a warning about weather on the day they need to fly, proactively trying to change their plans to meet the needs. One guy did this and was able to get home a day early. Assuming their is internet available, one could have seen that B6 had no or minimal availability on future flights and then tried to figure out what is best for them. The AA flights are also completely booked until Thursday. (I checked online). Airlines do not have the spare capacity to bring in an extra plane these days. With internet access it is easy to figure out creative solutions (even if it meant paying to fly to SXM or (UVF (St lucia (which has B6 availability)) and then take a B6 flight from there). If you do not like B6 then don't fly them. If you let them keep the plane on the tarmac for 3 hours on Friday, it would have gotten to
BGI and then the flight would not have been canceled. You cannot have it both ways.
This is absolute nonsense! Who in their right mind on vacation expects their return flight to be canceled and no extra section to be added???

I can tell you that LCCs like B6 and WN have far more issues during these events due to lack of interline and ticketing agreements which ends up really messing up their system when a storm shuts down New York or Boston. Legacy airlines like Delta may cancel a flight one day but they will have an extra section the next day as well as rebook on AA, UA and US to make sure to not strand any passengers for more than a day or two depending on the severity of the storm. A great example was the week of Christmas when St Lucia was closed due to the airport flooding. DL sent extra sections in the day the airport opened to make sure to get everyone out of there.

Is B6 fleet utilization really to the point where they couldn't have an overnight extra section when a plane may have just been sitting at an airport overnight not being used? Seems pretty bad to leave 190 passengers for a week with no options home. I would hope they are doing something for those people because any average traveler would not be expecting their return flight to be canceled. Most leisure travelers take maybe one or two trips a year and you expect them to think that they won't be able to take their purchased flight AND won't have options to leave for a week? What a joke

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.