Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Mosaic Challenge without existing status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold

I recently started a new job that will require me to make frequent (1-2 times per month) SFO to BOS flights. I was looking to stick with JetBlue for these flights, and was wondering about getting Mosaic status. I understand that the Mosaic Challenge program allows you to earn status quickly. But, it's been a while since I have had to be traveling this much for work, so I don't have any status now on any airlines (I was platinum on USAir in the past).

Given that I would easily surpass the Mosaic challenge requirements, does anyone have any suggestions how I might gain entry to the challenge without having existing status on another airline. Do they have any flexibility?

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Especially if you don't currently have status on another airline, i doubt any airline would do anything to accommodate you, sorry. Like you said though, you'll have it in no time!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cleanfloor
Especially if you don't currently have status on another airline, i doubt any airline would do anything to accommodate you, sorry. Like you said though, you'll have it in no time!
Unfortunately, the problem is that without a challenge any status will take significantly longer. Anyone have any suggestions? When I first gained status on USAir I did it though a challenge program that didn't require having status on anyone else. Do these kinds of programs still exist?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Not to my knowledge, especially on B6.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:47 pm

Just pay for EMS until you are Mosaic. Probably 6 west coast trips would do it, and just show your company that even with EMS vs. other airlines you are paying the same if not less

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.