Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Brand new : any cheap JB r/t for points/miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Trueblue

Need lots of help - first day. Trying to build on jetblue status. Any ideas?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Perhaps post in the JetBlue forum?

I think you've miss posted.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks to a member who used the (Alert a moderator to this post") function, we've moved this post to the proper Forum.

JDiver
senior moderator
Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Blueguy
Need lots of help - first day. Trying to build on jetblue status. Any ideas?
Status (and all points earning) is based on how much you spend, not how far you fly. Cheap fares aren't going to help you so much in the TrueBlue program.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yes, but it might be less time consuming to do multiple short hops as opposed to multiple long-haul flights.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Get the American Express affinity card with Jet Blue. They're doing a 20,000 point promotion again - I signed up a couple years ago and that promotion made it a LOT easier to get the free flight my wife and I took from Boston to California a year ago.

All of my regular bills that can go to Auto-pay and take AmEx are set up to do just that. My cell phone, satellite service, E-ZPass transponder, insurance and several other mean I get several hundred point every month "for free" (so long as I pay the bill).
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by diburning
Yes, but it might be less time consuming to do multiple short hops as opposed to multiple long-haul flights.
If your goal is to simply spend the cash to get the status then the most efficient way to do it would be to buy refundable fares on short flights. Cheap fares simply won't help you in your quest.
Originally Posted by djplong
Get the American Express affinity card with Jet Blue. They're doing a 20,000 point promotion again - ...
Doesn't count towards status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.