Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

When to purchase?

I have not flown JetBlue before and need to get flights from BUF to JFK in early Feb. Prices right now are $80 and $95 to return. Plenty of available seats. Can anyone recommend when is a good time to buy? Is this the usual fare? thanks
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm not sure as I've never flown this route, but if you're planning on flying JetBlue more in the future, go ahead and book, then keep an eye on the fare. If it drops at all before the date of travel, call them up, and they'll give you a voucher for the difference. Note: this does not apply to fees and taxes, only the base airfare.

And yes, you can call them more than once and receive more than one voucher if the price drops more than once!

Last edited by diburning; Nov 8, 2013 at 12:09 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I flew NYC-Rochester around that time last year (I know - different route - but I think the pricing is similar). I don't think that's an amazing deal, but I did pay 200-250 for my ticket. I've looked at the NYC-BUF route several times to go to Niagara Falls, and that price sounds like it's in the ball park.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
I'd buy it since it you said you NEED to go and not WANT to go - Don't risk paying 250 and up holding out hoping it drops to 120. You could also get a bit of credit if the price drops. Typically, I understood the credit was the price difference minus fee change.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Nope, no change fee. It's a straight-up credit as a voucher. The tickets are not re-issued, although they are "soft" re-issued to give you the correct number of points. The fare difference voucher only applies to the base fare though, not taxes, fees, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.