Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by selfmadetool
Does anyone know why jetBlue configured the Mint seats to have four suites? Since it limits profit potential by removing four seats (i.e., there are only 16 seats to sell instead of 20), was it for research and development purposes? Would anyone else feel awkward sitting alone in a suite?
I was in 2A, and it was anything but awkward. I think it would actually be more awkward trying to sleep next to somebody sitting right next to you...I feel like I'd be watched.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
The seat map for Mint flights is displaying the text "Even More® Space seat and Mint Suite prices vary by flight." Do we think this means they will start charging extra for the suites soon?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
The seat map for Mint flights is displaying the text "Even More® Space seat and Mint Suite prices vary by flight." Do we think this means they will start charging extra for the suites soon?
IIRC, it has said this since Mint went on sale. While I'm sure we can expect an extra charge at some point, I don't think this text is indicative of timing.

I imagine B6 is looking at booking trends before deciding. ie: if most Mint flyers ends up being couples traveling together, then the suites won't command a premium. But if it's largely solo business travelers, the premium will likely be high.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

LAX-JFK was cxld today. I don't know the details of why but I noticed earlier this evening that it happened. Some Mint pax were put on the VX flight and others were rebooked on to the A320. No idea about other comp if any was offered.

So they are using OALs in some cases to handle the issues.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
LAX-JFK was cxld today. I don't know the details of why but I noticed earlier this evening that it happened. Some Mint pax were put on the VX flight and others were rebooked on to the A320. No idea about other comp if any was offered.

A baggage cart was blown into the aircraft by a taxiing plane.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
A baggage cart was blown into the aircraft by a taxiing plane.
Thanks for the update. Any more info on the re-accommodation of Mint customers and any compensation offered? That's my main fear of using Mint (have two trips already planned)--that I'll get stuck in Y due to IRROPS. Perish the thought.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Thanks for the update. Any more info on the re-accommodation of Mint customers and any compensation offered? That's my main fear of using Mint (have two trips already planned)--that I'll get stuck in Y due to IRROPS. Perish the thought.
Maybe B6 and AA can rekindle their relationship for IIROPS. From what I gather from the AA board their 321 transcons have plenty of open seats in F, plus there's already an airside shuttle between the two terminals at LAX for the US flights.

This should be a temporary problem until the rest of the 321T fleet comes into service, hopefully they will also have a spare but it is doubtful.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
LAX-JFK was cxld today.
OMG, that's it, Mint is a failure!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by bennos
OMG, that's it, Mint is a failure!
Wait for it...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*

Wheelsfirst, Va, et al.,

Same thing happened to me July 6. Was in LA for a wedding, when my phone rang on Sat. July 5. The nice (but clearly stressed out) Jetblue CSA told me the LAX-JFK flight was cancelled for unspecified reasons and I was given a menu of options, including the FC VX flight mentioned above. I opted to take a plain Jane Jetblue flight ("stuck in Y" as it were) with the difference in fare refunded, PLUS a $500 flight voucher for any future B6 flight. ^

As long as the IRROPs don't mess with my mojo, it's all good. I'm surprised more FT'ers haven't voiced their complaints about this, however. I think that unless B6 finds alternatives and partners, this has the potential to mushroom into bigger problems down the line.

-AD
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:27 pm

Deleted
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
compensation

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Wheelsfirst, Va, et al.,

Same thing happened to me July 6. Was in LA for a wedding, when my phone rang on Sat. July 5. The nice (but clearly stressed out) Jetblue CSA told me the LAX-JFK flight was cancelled for unspecified reasons and I was given a menu of options, including the FC VX flight mentioned above. I opted to take a plain Jane Jetblue flight ("stuck in Y" as it were) with the difference in fare refunded, PLUS a $500 flight voucher for any future B6 flight. ^

As long as the IRROPs don't mess with my mojo, it's all good. I'm surprised more FT'ers haven't voiced their complaints about this, however. I think that unless B6 finds alternatives and partners, this has the potential to mushroom into bigger problems down the line.

-AD
That seems to be reasonable compensation. If you really wanted 'F' you could get on VX . Or end up making money (via the downgrade $$$ and 500 flight voucher ). I would choose the B6 Y flight and then use the 500 credit for another try at mint.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wheelsfirst, Va, et al.,

-AD
Thanks for the report. Was the fare difference calculated using advance/discounted Y or full Y?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Remember that in a few months they're going to have a lot more planes flying with the product so more options to rebook/accommodate affected pax.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Thanks for the report. Was the fare difference calculated using advance/discounted Y or full Y?
Not sure if it was adv/disc Y or Full Y, but I received $574.90 back from a $799 Mint (J) paid ticket. I ain't gonna pry into that for a decent transcon R/T for $225!

sbm12- Very true. Duly noted. Hope to give Mint another shot sometime, before the current $599 intro pricing goes away (and it will).

-AD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.