Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by foppishbum
I wonder if TrueBlue Mosaic will get any benefit from this; space available complimentary upgrades at T-24? Early buy ups? Occasional op upgrades? Anyone heard anything about this?
No upgrades. Not gonna happen. They were pretty explicit about that in many ways.
Originally Posted by Carfield
Tapas - sounds interesting but does it mean that Jetblue will stick with serving cold food only? Not too great if it is a J product/
There will be 3 hot and 2 cold options available. Passengers get to pick 3.

Baggage - any extra luggage allowance
Two free bags rather than just one.

Even More Speed - just bought a ticket and they want me to pay extra $10 for priority security lane?
Even more speed is included. If they're offering that upsell in the booking process it is a bug.

Pricing - $499 introductory NON-reufndable fare sounds fine, but what is the regular pricing? Most importantly what is the surcharge for the solo seats?
The current refundable fare is $999 and the low-end non-refundable fare will be $599. Subject to change, of course, but that's where they're pricing today.

Originally Posted by APFPilot1985
So I don't fly B6 (we don't have them at IND) but I read this comment in the US Today Article does this upset any of you that they are saying that the customers who are flying B6 regardless of product out of loyalty are the most important customer they want?

"The most important customer we want are the customers who we've lost to the other airlines, who love JetBlue but they just won't fly us to these markets,'' says Martin St. George, JetBlue's senior vice president marketing and commercial strategy"
Nope. Wouldn't bother me at all.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
I wonder if this will be on BOS-LAX/SFO/SAN someday. It may be tempting in the future to burn 35000-40000 points to get Mint on a red-eye transcon.

I still want to hold out to see if awards will be available for EK flights first!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:08 am

trying to find out if I can get into the "suites" enclosed private cabin with doors since there are only 4 of them and the remaining 12 are regular mint seats - no separate premium for the private suites?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adambisi
I wonder if this will be on BOS-LAX/SFO/SAN someday.
All they've said so far is maybe.
Originally Posted by zoonil
trying to find out if I can get into the "suites" enclosed private cabin with doors since there are only 4 of them and the remaining 12 are regular mint seats - no separate premium for the private suites?
Currently no premium charge for those single seats. I've heard mixed stories as to whether there might be eventually or not. I think they're probably hedging their bets to see what demand for them is like before making that decision long-term.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:29 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Promising, and priced competitively with VX day-of-departure upgrades (except B6 confirms at booking). I could imagine booking this under select circumstances.

The pick 3 of 5 tapas thing seems weird... I can understand not wanting to do a full meal service, but for a premium product it's strange to be limited like that. And the actual cost of a full catering (have all 5!) can't be more than $10/pp.

I can't imagine it'll be long before the suites command a price premium.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Jaunted has a preview of the food:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2013/10...Full+Food+Menu

While it looks really good, being able to choose 3 items seems like it'll give you more of a snack rather than a full meal service for a 5-6 hour flight. I suspect a lot of Mint passengers will end up raiding the new snack station.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Just released...

New ~ 8-minute video about the new JetBlue Core Experience and Mint. Enjoy!

http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jet...-bluer20130912
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:14 am

Just booked a "suite" using my points and there was no difference in "cost" between the suite and regular mint seats. My flight is in Aug. and I had to do it over the phone as the website couldn't process my request for some reason, but they did waive the phone fee.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:52 pm
Suspended

what is Jetblue's plan when one of the rare airbi planes to have flatbed seats goes mechanical?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BiggerisnotBetter
what is Jetblue's plan when one of the rare airbi planes to have flatbed seats goes mechanical?
I would imagine that they will approach it the same as the other carriers with subfleets do. That could mean delays or an aircraft swap to an alternate config, depending on the situation.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Think they'll have periodic Mint sales? Hoping to use a $1,000 affinity credit card flight redemption for this.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
I would imagine that they will approach it the same as the other carriers with subfleets do. That could mean delays or an aircraft swap to an alternate config, depending on the situation.
And the million dollar question , if I paid $1200.00 for MINT and the plane goes MX and the replacement doesn't have MINT, what if any money will be refunded to me when I am stuck in coach?

Also, will there be pillows, blankets and headphones distributed?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
And the million dollar question , if I paid $1200.00 for MINT and the plane goes MX and the replacement doesn't have MINT, what if any money will be refunded to me when I am stuck in coach?
Wouldn't that be the (some portion of the) $1200 question? And is B6 selling seats above $999?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Just wanted to share a new video from JetBlue about Mint and a few newly designed items that'll be a part of the Mint experience: http://youtu.be/4kE2ae3BAQw

Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Good review here: http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-jetbl...n=home-flipper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.