Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Badges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Hmm, the badges seem to be a bit buggy. I earned a badge that I shouldn't have. I have to do something three times to earn the badge, but I've only done it once. I can see something that might count for a second occurrence, but three? I have no idea what it counted for the third one.

As far as getting badges for destinations only, would it work to book two legs separately?

Here are some examples.

Let's say I'm booking BOS-JFK-JAX (because occasionally, this is less expensive than BOS-JAX direct)

To get credit for stopping at JFK, would I be able to?:

Scenario 1:
Book each leg separately, BOS-JFK, JFK-JAX, JAX-JFK, JFK-BOS on 4 itineraries? (assuming that booking them separately would cost the same).

Scenario 2:
Book it as two nested date tickets, BOS-JFK|JFK-BOS as a roundtrip, JFK-JAX|JAX-JFK as a roundtrip.

I don't have the New York badge yet (since all of my flying through JFK were done before the Badges system came out), but for those who do, would this be a good idea to use to work towards the multi-visit badges such as tourist or been-there-done-that?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by sbm12
JetBlue launched a whole bunch more badges this week, including a 500,000 point bonus if you hit every destination.

If you could earn for departure cities as well as arrivals then it could probably be done rather easier with some open jaw itineraries. But needing to arrive (and terminate) at each of the 90ish destinations makes it very hard. Also badges and bonus points for all the airports in Texas, California, Florida or New York, among other things.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Hey, 90+ separate tickets. No problem!

Mike
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
To clarify each flight posts separately--is it not just your final destination that counts. Thus a one way BOS-JFK-JAX ticket would give you a credit for one flight from from BOS to JFK and one flight from JFK to JAX. No need to book it as two separate tickets. Thus you would have 1 flight credited towards the JFK badge/s and 1 to JAX.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:35 pm

I'm not sure if the new partner badges were added with the other ones, but this is what puzzles me. They have a badge for participating in e-Rewards. Ok, I participated a while ago, and earned the badge by transferring e-Rewards currency to TB points.

Now, it has tiered badges, where I can earn badges for doing repetitive things. They now have other badges for e-Rewards. One of them is e-Rewards Truth Be Told, which is earned by taking 10 surveys. e-Rewards is a separate company. They pay out in their own currency which is used to "pay" for points to be transferred to the FF account.

How does JetBlue know how many surveys I have taken? I don't think they do, because I have no progress on that badge other than 1/10 for the first transfer. Do they mean 10 transfers? With SSI Surveys (not e-Rewards), the points are transferred immediately after finishing a survey, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out how many I have actually taken. e-Rewards does not do this, as they aggregate the survey payouts until I have enough to "redeem" large(r) chunks of points.

Jetblue badges is meant to be a social activity. I asked them my question on Twitter, a social media site, but they avoided it like the plague, and told me to call Jetblue instead. I sent the question via email since I don't feel like waiting on hold for 20 minutes to ask a simple question.

Last edited by diburning; Nov 22, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:33 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I came here to uncover an answer to the exact question you posted. All I can add is... you aren't the only one.

Originally Posted by diburning
I'm not sure if the new partner badges were added with the other ones, but this is what puzzles me. They have a badge for participating in e-Rewards. Ok, I participated a while ago, and earned the badge by transferring e-Rewards currency to TB points.

Now, it has tiered badges, where I can earn badges for doing repetitive things. They now have other badges for e-Rewards. One of them is e-Rewards Truth Be Told, which is earned by taking 10 surveys. e-Rewards is a separate company. They pay out in their own currency which is used to "pay" for points to be transferred to the FF account.

How does JetBlue know how many surveys I have taken? I don't think they do, because I have no progress on that badge other than 1/10 for the first transfer. Do they mean 10 transfers? With SSI Surveys (not e-Rewards), the points are transferred immediately after finishing a survey, so it wouldn't be hard to figure out how many I have actually taken. e-Rewards does not do this, as they aggregate the survey payouts until I have enough to "redeem" large(r) chunks of points.

Jetblue badges is meant to be a social activity. I asked them my question on Twitter, a social media site, but they avoided it like the plague, and told me to call Jetblue instead. I sent the question via email since I don't feel like waiting on hold for 20 minutes to ask a simple question.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:23 pm

I decided to email them instead. This was the response I received:

Hello [diburning],

We're so excited to hear you're participating in our Badges program!

All Badges, including e-Rewards, are triggered by qualifying activity (points) in your account.

JetBlue doesn't specifically track the number of surveys you complete. They are tracked by e-Rewards
through your account. Once you redeem your e-Rewards dollars for TrueBlue points and the points are
posted in your TrueBlue account, these points are what triggers the badges. The badge is earned with
the redemptions and not the amount of specific surveys you've completed in your e-Rewards account.

We know it can be confusing and we apologize.

To find out more about e-Rewards, click here: https://www.e-rewards.com/frequentlyaskedquestions.do

Thank you for choosing JetBlue. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Kind Regards,

[REDACTED]
TrueBlue Customer Service Crew
JetBlue Airways
Crewmember [REDACTED]
So, it looks like it tracks the number of transfers and not the number of surveys as the badge indicates. The Opinion Miles Club (another partner) surveys transfer the points earned after every survey, so that's easy to rack up. But unfortunately, they don't offer partial credit for disqualification like e-Rewards does.

I've been doing decently well on e-Rewards, but it looks like they only allow one transfer a month, so it will be a while until I earn any of the other badges.

I do have to admit though, that the badges have given me motivation/incentive to visit new destinations. If I have TravelBank credit or vouchers to burn before they expire, the Badges program makes me want to try visiting somewhere new just to get a shiny new badge. This also applies when they have their fare sales and I have vacation time to use up.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards

So, it looks like it tracks the number of transfers and not the number of surveys as the badge indicates. The Opinion Miles Club (another partner) surveys transfer the points earned after every survey, so that's easy to rack up. But unfortunately, they don't offer partial credit for disqualification like e-Rewards does.

I've been doing decently well on e-Rewards, but it looks like they only allow one transfer a month, so it will be a while until I earn any of the other badges.

I do have to admit though, that the badges have given me motivation/incentive to visit new destinations. If I have TravelBank credit or vouchers to burn before they expire, the Badges program makes me want to try visiting somewhere new just to get a shiny new badge. This also applies when they have their fare sales and I have vacation time to use up.
That's the only reason why I'm taking a 1 day trip to Charleston in January! JetBlue had a Living Social deal for $25 for $75 in airfare. The total price ended up being ~70, so it was a great deal...plus I get a new destination.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

That means the other e-rewards badges can only be rewarded after 10, 20 and 30 months if you do a transfer once a month. Yuck.

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
So I signed on to my jetblue account and got a popup that I've earned a new badge -- the Lucky 7 badge!
Except.... I've only got 8 segments flown so far this year, with another 2 coming up that will ultimately get me the Go Long Bonus. But I have no idea why it's showing me with the Lucky 7 badge. It's just the badge that shows up, not the associated 7,000 bonus points.

Just a glitch?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ImprovGal
So I signed on to my jetblue account and got a popup that I've earned a new badge -- the Lucky 7 badge!
Except.... I've only got 8 segments flown so far this year, with another 2 coming up that will ultimately get me the Go Long Bonus. But I have no idea why it's showing me with the Lucky 7 badge. It's just the badge that shows up, not the associated 7,000 bonus points.

Just a glitch?
My dad, who has 11 segments this year, and I, with 3 segments this year (3 paid, with 6 total) both got the badge, as well.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Looks like an IT glitch

Just checked my family's accounts.

I received the badge but not the points. I'm at 10 segments and last flew two weeks ago.

My wife and daughter also received the badge but not the points. They've only flown 4 segments and last flew in October.

My son who flew 2 segments in October on award tickets did not get the badge.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Same here. Got the Lucky 7 badge w/o any points. I shouldn't have the points as I only did 7 segments this year. The high 5 badge and points did post correctly.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
i also got the lucky 7 but no 7k point bonus. had to pick up the phone to the mosaic desk
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:09 pm

It looks like the badge was removed for those who did not earn it, as mine appears to have been rescinded.

Also, it looks like they fixed the e-rewards badge.... sort of.

They added badges for an airline....

But what is Silver Airlines? Do they mean Silver Airways?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
It looks like the badge was removed for those who did not earn it, as mine appears to have been rescinded.
Mine's gone as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.