Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mobile Boarding Passes now available.

Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Enterprise Plus

Jetblue just announced that mobile boarding passes are now available through their updated app.

Finally!

Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
From the company

At long last, our Mobile team brings you what Crewmembers and Customers have been asking for: Mobile Boarding Passes. See ya later paper!

We anticipate that everyone will love the new feature, since it will put an end to waiting in long lines at the counter or kiosk to print boarding passes. Plus, we're always looking for ways to save money by reducing our use of natural resources. Mobile boarding makes this possible, and appeals to Customers who hope we take even more green steps.

8 BlueCities to start

It’s true, airlines like US Airways and Delta already have mobile boarding passes in place, but developing the robust technology took some time and it’s in a great place now – we’re excited for our Customers to give it a try. To start, mobile boarding passes will be available to those who are traveling through BOS, FLL, JFK, LAS, LGB, MCO, SFO, or SJU. Why these BlueCities? The required TSA scanners for this technology are already up and running for other airlines, but we plan to add more BlueCities to the list throughout the course of 2013.

You need the app – at first

Right now, Customers need the JetBlue app for iPhone to take advantage of mobile boarding passes, but we’re working on expanding this to Android and other platforms. In fact, mobile boarding passes will be up and running for Android by March or April of this year! Eventually, Customers who check-in either online or through mobile web will get them, too, by email or SMS text. We’ll keep you posted.

Once you check-in via the app, a mobile boarding pass will instantly pop up on your screen. It will contain encrypted information, like your name and flight information. At security, the TSA will prompt you to scan your phone, and then check your photo ID to make sure the information all matches up.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:49 pm

I am excited for this update. Comes in handy.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:37 am

I used this yesterday at BOS. At the security check, the TSA agent had to reboot the scanner. Evidently not a lot of use just yet.

At the gate, no problem. The agent remarked "cool!" making me think that this was one of the first times he had seen anyone use the mobile pass.

So it's up and running!

Too bad I can't use on my return from LAX...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JCK75
Why not?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
I used this yesterday at BOS. At the security check, the TSA agent had to reboot the scanner. Evidently not a lot of use just yet.
Not sure how it wouldn't have much use where C terminal is shared with UA and they've had mobile boarding passes and scanner for them for quite some time
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Tried this today at JFK. Agent took one look at my phone and said, "Nuh uh, you have to print it." She pointed me to the self-service kiosks without any other explanation.

Great rollout, jetBlue. Just great.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lamont2718
Tried this today at JFK. Agent took one look at my phone and said, "Nuh uh, you have to print it." She pointed me to the self-service kiosks without any other explanation.

Great rollout, jetBlue. Just great.
Would that not be on TSA's end? Since they are the people that check your boarding pass.

I am sure Jetblue gates & counters should work. Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Salmontes
Why not?
LAX is not one of the supported airports yet. Only JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, LGB, SJU, SFO and LAS are.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
LAX is not one of the supported airports yet. Only JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, LGB, SJU, SFO and LAS are.

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Salmontes
Would that not be on TSA's end? Since they are the people that check your boarding pass.

I am sure Jetblue gates & counters should work. Just my 2 cents.
JFK T5 is exclusively jetBlue. Just as DL and AA coordinate with TSA in JFK T2, T3, T4, and T8 to accept mobile boarding passes, jetBlue should have coordinated with TSA in their own T5. A mobile boarding pass is pointless if you can't use it to get to the gate.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Hmm, I wonder if this is a pre-requisite for B6 to start participating in Pre-√. Not mobile BPs per se, but the scanners needed to read them are the same scanners needed for Pre-√.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I used mobile boarding pass on Thurs, Feb 21 at JFK and it worked fine. TSA took a second to realize that I had scanned my BP but everything worked great. Can't wait until it comes out on Android so I don't need to have my iPod Touch out! I think I heard somewhere that Android update to 2.0 is in March at some point. I like all of the new features that come with the update but MBP is the icing on the cake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.