Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

How do you check the fare code before you buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

In December I flew RDU-BOS on a B6 flight purchased from jetblue.com. I entered my AA FF number hoping to receive AA miles for the flight, as RDU-BOS is a route that allows you to earn AA miles. Long story short, the miles never posted and I called AA to ask about it. They said that the fare code was Z, and thus not eligible for AA miles, per the chart on AA.com. Despite this, the AA agent was nice enough to credit my account with the 612 miles.

I now looked at jetblue.com to make a dummy booking. Nowhere before entering credit card information and booking did I see a way to check the fare code. I realize for most flights this won't matter, but given that it can affect the ability to earn AA miles, it can be important information. Perhaps I missed it somewhere, or you must call and ask.

So, is there any way to check the fare code of a flight before you buy it?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Try using ITA Matrix Search. Lookup the flight you want and it will show the fare code on the following page.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by will2288
So, is there any way to check the fare code of a flight before you buy it?
Not on the JetBlue site. Quite unfortunate, really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.