Wiki Posts
Search

Long Beach airport new terminal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Jetblue
Long Beach airport new terminal

I thought there would be a post about this but i couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyway, Long Beach Airport will have a new passenger terminal that will begin for passengers use on Wednesday Dec 12, 2012. This past sunday, i was able to tour the new terminal before it opens to passengers. I frequently fly Jetblue in/out of Long Beach whenever i go to the Bay area. This is a welcoming news for anyone using Long Beach airport.

Check in will still be at the main terminal check in counter. i believe they may remodel it sometimes in early 2013. the security check point will be in a centralized location.

There are a total of 11 gates. the south side which is currently used by Jetblue will be for other airlines and has 4 gates. The north side will be solely for Jetblue planes and has 7 gates.

The jetblue side also has eateries. There is a wine bar. Pardon me, as i forget what the choices are but i know these are all local businesses, unlike big airports that have chain restaurants inside.

I have taken some pictures but do not know how to attach it here. If anyone can help me with posting the pictures, i'd appreciate that.

I will be flying out of Long Beach on Dec 21 so i am very excited to use the new terminal. No more trailer waiting room.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was at the grand opening last week and was waiting until it actually opens tomorrow to post about it.

There are restaurants on both sides. McKenna's is on the south side along with a branch of Jill's Bakery. The north side has Vine on 4th, a cantina/taco shack, burger place, sushi and Greek. Plus another Jill's.

The space is absolutely beautiful and quite representative of the local culture and design aesthetic.

Photos from the event are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8334795&type=1 or here: http://gallery.millerworks.net/Trave...each-terminal/.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

More photos and description of the new terminal now online here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...beach-airport/.

Who doesn't want a fire pit at their airport??

Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Fire pit was off line tonight due to the intermittent rain but the new terminal is much nicer than the trailer park set up. It is nice to have some food options and an open comfortable place to wait. It also just looks so much better when exiting the plane. Once it is fully landscaped it will really be a nice airport to pass through-especially on a Friday night when arrivals at LAX can be a zoo.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
...but the new terminal is much nicer than the trailer park set up.
Thats the LGB I remember. I always hated that airport. I did however, like the fact that you get to walk up to the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.