TrueBlue Cancellation Fees

Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:24 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash
Original Poster

TrueBlue Cancellation Fees

I have a late Jan trip booked on TrueBlue points which I may need to cancel. Anyone know what the fee is in points or $ if I do so?

Also, is there a time limit on this? What I mean is, is it the same now or if I cancel the day before I am scheduled to travel?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Should be $50 and whenever from what I remember.

I actually think the official rules say no refunds at all but they will do it if you call.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
According to the jetBlue website, it will be $100 for cancellation and any other remaining (assuming your ticket is over $100) will be credited to your Travel Bank where you can use it for future flight reservations.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
What would cancellation fees be for a ticket that was $2.50 in fees and 5,000 points? $50, or would we only be out the $2.50?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
any insight on cancellation fees?
What would cancellation fees be for a ticket that was $2.50 in fees and 5,000 points? $50, or would we only be out the $2.50?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beofotch
any insight on cancellation fees?
Basically it would cost you $75 to have the 5K points re-deposited into you account.

http://www.jetblue.com/travel-agents...lation-policy/
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:29 am

The plural of anecdotes not being data, and all of that, but we recently had a family trip planned on JetBlue. Awesome fares, purchased six months in advance. Long story short, the trip was partially pre-empted by something bigger and more important. So I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained and asked JetBlue if they could do us a favor and waive the cancellation fees, which they did.

We got a credit as a result, good for a year.

No harm in asking. We told them plainly what was going on, and they were very kind to us.

Full disclosure, the cancellation fee was greater than the fare we paid, and we did not incur additional costs by rebooking. But still, it is human beings reading their "dear JetBlue" emails, and you may want to ask them.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
The plural of anecdotes not being data, and all of that, but we recently had a family trip planned on JetBlue. Awesome fares, purchased six months in advance. Long story short, the trip was partially pre-empted by something bigger and more important. So I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained and asked JetBlue if they could do us a favor and waive the cancellation fees, which they did.

We got a credit as a result, good for a year.

No harm in asking. We told them plainly what was going on, and they were very kind to us.

Full disclosure, the cancellation fee was greater than the fare we paid, and we did not incur additional costs by rebooking. But still, it is human beings reading their "dear JetBlue" emails, and you may want to ask them.
Haven't flown B6 in a while, but it's stuff like this that makes me remember why I like them so much. In a sea of mediocre customer service, JetBlue definitely shines bright. Kudos to them for just plain getting it.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:12 am

Might as well add in my recent experience even though this is an old thread. Had to cancel 3 RT tickets for $210 each worth of Trueblue points (42k total), and I had to (gladly) pay $75 each (x 3) to get the points reinstated. Also got the 3 x $11 in fees put back into the travel bank. Based on their fee structure, I assumed that all value was lost. Not sure if it was a "reduced" fee because I mentioned that 2 of the travelers were very sick, but I'll take it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.