Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Booking Classes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
JetBlue Booking Classes?

Hi All - looked around and didn't see this anywhere. Does anyone have the JetBlue booking classes? Specifically in relation to ExpertFlyer?

Also, what's JetBlue's precedent of bumping (more voluntary than involuntary, but either way)?

Here are the ExpertFlyer codes for reference:

Y7 E7 K7 H7 Q7 B7 L7 V7 R0 M0 O0 U0 S0 P0
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Dunno about fare classes, but it really doesn't matter. B6 doesn't overbook flights, so the chances of either VDB or IDB are essentially nil.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:59 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
There is no First Class, though there are Even More Legroom seats; those are an "add-on" to your ticket and are priced based on distance of your flight. They don't give free "upgrades" to this section, but if you don't pick a seat upon booking and those are all that are left when you check-in then they're free. May actually have to wait until you're at the airport and have a agent put you into one though.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
On very very very rare occasions we overbook. Most of the times it is when we are in an IROP and moving crews and customers around. On normal days we will only book a 320 to 150 customers, which is it's capacity. We don't plan for no-shows.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Does anyone have the JetBlue booking classes?
They are all coach fares. I believe only the Y fares are refundable. Is there something else more specific you're looking for here? EML seats are not sold as a separate fare class; it is an add-on product to the purchased seat but it doesn't depend on the underlying fare class.

Originally Posted by A5Globetrotter
Also, what's JetBlue's precedent of bumping (more voluntary than involuntary, but either way)?
They do not overbook as a matter of policy. In Q1 2012 JetBlue had 4 IDBs and zero VDBs out of more than 6mm enplanements (page 33 of this PDF).
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:43 pm

One can earn AA miles on certain Jetblue routes in eligible fare classes. The routes and classes allowed are shown here. My question is, is there a straightforward way to determine the fare or booking class of a Jetblue ticket? I could not see an easy way while making a sample booking on jetblue.com.

Thanks,
saunders111
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Any revenue ticket you purchase will be in one of the eligible fare buckets.

I know that the actual fare class shows up on the boarding pass but I don't remember seeing it elsewhere on the JetBlue site at any point.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
You can run a flight search on matrix.itasoftware.com to get the fare code for your particular B6 flight.

I check this when seeing what would be eligible for EK Skywards miles and vice-versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.