Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to eliminate day flights at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:56 am
Original Poster

http://www.burbankleader.com/the818n...,3970869.story
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last night I saw a television commercial several times for Burbank airport touting its convenience, short lines, short walks and low parking prices.

And yet this article points out that the airport is raising parking prices because of the fall-off in demand.

Lessee . . . fewer people want to use our airport, so let's raise prices on the remaining customers . . . that's the ticket.

I doubt the B6 redeyes remain much longer - the fewer flights you have, the less sense it makes to keep the station open.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Actually too bad. I like the airport, for its easy navigability. Flights often more pricey than those to LAX, but I was surprised that rental car prices were, in some cases, lower. We usually rent a car, so parking prices aren't a factor for us. American Airlines left and now JetBlue is cutting back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.