Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Donating to the Red Cross to help? Earn 6 points for each dollar donated!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Enterprise Plus

http://jetbluegives.org/?intcmp=HPHe...dCross20121101

Jetblue is matching all customer donations and for every dollar donated you will get 6 trueblue points.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:31 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Just did that.

Will this extend my True Blue points? Looks like I'll be going awhile without a B6 trip, and my points might be at risk. Would have been donating anyway, so if the answer is "no" that's OK, but would be cool if it also restarted my clock.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Just did that.

Will this extend my True Blue points? Looks like I'll be going awhile without a B6 trip, and my points might be at risk. Would have been donating anyway, so if the answer is "no" that's OK, but would be cool if it also restarted my clock.
Out of curiousity, did this extend the life of your points?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:43 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
good question. How do I tell?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
good question. How do I tell?
Check date the points from donating posted and see if expiration of your points is 1 year from that date
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:41 am

Interesting.

My account says my points expired on 11/5, and does not show these points being deposited. The amount of points forfeited on 11/5 = my October statement amount.

Time to make a phone call

Edit: And my last flight was 10/22/11, so it was over 1 year without activity, so I'll be asking nicely
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:55 am

Only flying on B6, buying a B6 vacation, or using the B6 AMEX extends the points.

So I'm out about 8000 points, which stings just a little bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.