Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Go Pack - 10 non-stop one way flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, PC Platinum

Grab a Go Pack and take 10 nonstop, one-way flights to select destinations starting September 13 through December 19, 2012 (blackout dates: 11/20 – 11/26)*. Choose from seven different Go Packs that’ll offer you convenience, flexibility and great value guaranteed for fast travel between your most frequent destinations—for work or leisure.

On sale 8/28/12 through 9/6/12, or while supplies last. Book travel online starting 9/12/12 through 12/19/12 up to 90 minutes prior to scheduled departure.

http://www2.jetblue.com/gopack/
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Very good deal for a business or business traveler with reasonably specific destinations (which match one of the 7 available packs) but uncertain scheduling. Not so great for leisure travelers or someone with less specific travel patterns.

On the plus side, there are a number of packages available, many more than the previous iterations of this promo saw.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...back-go-packs/
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Is this replacing AYCJ?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Is this replacing AYCJ?
No replacing, per se, but I doubt AYCJ will be back this year. It wasn't available last year, either.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: Mileage Hoarding Anonymous
Originally Posted by sbm12
No replacing, per se, but I doubt AYCJ will be back this year. It wasn't available last year, either.
AYCJ is never coming back.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by jcazes
AYCJ is never coming back.
Why?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I Would Have Bought DC Pack But 2X More & Poor Same Day Change Policy Bought US Tix

I was very interested in the BOS-NYC-DC Go Pack, but at $119 per flight, it is almost double the $69 or so the last time a DC Go Pack was offered.

I just bought about 8 roundtrip tickets on US for between $59 and $90 each way instead.

I also don't like that JetBlue does not offer a good same day change program for elites. I can't remember the last time as a US elite that I had to pay a fee to change my flight at the airport on the same day.

Also US Shuttle agents seem very good at getting pax on a flight quickly at the last minute, but I've found at JetBlue they get both flusterred at the last minute time table as well as of course because there is supposed to be a $50 fee to collect, and they will try to send you in Boston to the special services customer service counter at the bottom of the ramp.

Also terminal facilities at US are closer to the metro, and even BOS I think the shuttle gates B 15-21 are quicker to access than the busy C11-C36 concourse which servdes several airlines.

Finally US offers internet boarding passes on my iPhone.

If it was $60, to $99 a trip I would have bought it, but with $119 and the other JetBlue qwirks I took my chances on buying the dates I think I need most for $59 or $72 on US.

Also if they had a better formal or informal same day change policy at JetBlue, I would be a lot more likely to buy from them.

It seems like they don't want to target a road warrier who flys say 3-4x a month, even with the upcoming Mosaic elite frequent flyer program, there was not much to get me excited. What would get me excited is say no $50 same day fee like US, DL, UA for elite or preferred members.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter
I also don't like that JetBlue does not offer a good same day change program for elites. I can't remember the last time as a US elite that I had to pay a fee to change my flight at the airport on the same day.
Agreed, though with this pack you can pick your flight at any point up to 90 minutes out and just book it; no need to make changes at the airport in most cases. And if you are at the airport the immediate flight prior is free to go standby; others require a fee.

Originally Posted by jetsetter
It seems like they don't want to target a road warrier who flys say 3-4x a month, even with the upcoming Mosaic elite frequent flyer program, there was not much to get me excited. What would get me excited is say no $50 same day fee like US, DL, UA for elite or preferred members.
I'd like to see it expanded, too, but right now the prior flight free for everyone doesn't completely suck. The UA SDC policy for top elites is definitely the most generous. The others are all in the middle.

If you can book now and be comfortable with the flights you chose then the lower fare is obviously better. For folks who wait until near last-minute for booking the packs aren't so bad.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Does anyone know if these vouchers for Go Pack can be sold? I bought a Go Pack for LGB - SFO/SMF/OAK/LAS/PDX/SEA, but because of a death in the family, some travel plans are now cancelled. If it's allowed, anyone interested (I have 6 of the 10 left at this point)? Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:17 pm

Technically anyone can fly on the voucher. As for whether you're allowed to barter/sell the voucher, I would have guessed no, but reading the T&C from the link in the first post it doesn't seem that such a transaction is prohibited.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.