Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jet Blue and/or TSA remove 18 month old from flight for being on the No Fly List

Jet Blue and/or TSA remove 18 month old from flight for being on the No Fly List

Old May 11, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

Ultimately, Jet Blue called it a "computer glitch", which makes sense, because obviously no human being could have possibly been involved in this as they would have instantly realized it was a mistake.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Not much to go on with this case. The family refuses to disclose their real name and only identifies the kid as Riyanna.

On the face of it I am less likely to think this is an instance of computer glitch and more likely an instance where the kid has the same or similar name as what's on the no fly list.

It really bugs me that the parents can get away with running to the media and only telling 1/2 the story but still saying Jetblue is bad for putting themselves through this instance. A lesson learned for the parents is to not name their children with common names that could be put on the nofly list. I have a 22 month old at home and this was very easy to accomplish (comming up with a unique name).
Old May 11, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
all right, I'll go there. but credit to airliners.net where i saw it first..

the baby had dropped "bombs" in her diapers so the TSA had to investigate. gosh those pampers these days.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Already discussed the existing thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...off-plane.html
Old May 13, 2012, 5:45 pm

The child's parents told ABC affiliate WPBF they believe they were targeted because they are of Middle Eastern descent and the mother wears a hijab.

The family was cleared to re-board. But they declined, saying they were too embarrassed.
Wouldn't rule out a bad-faith scenario.

TSA says it never flagged the girl. And the family was already on board, so any computer flag should have been dealt with.

The Associated Press reported that the family planned not to sue the airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.